“clean,affordable”

La Quinta Inn Huntsville Research Park
Ranked #35 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 1 March 2014

we stayed here Feb.2014. We had 3 rooms and asked to have them close to each other. Two were the other wasn't but that was ok. All rooms were very clean. The beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly and the price was right. We didn't try the included breakfast but chose the Denny's outside the hotel instead which was outstanding.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 February 2014

There was a convention in town and my boss and I couldn't get into our usual hotel this place was the first hotel I found with vacancies. There was a reason they weren't booked up. The place was filthy. There was mold growing all around the base of my shower. Everything was dirty. Each of the power receptacles I used were broken (functional but not attached to anything). My boss walked into his room and found a pair of men's boxers on his bed. If I'm ever put in a position where I had to stay at this place again, I'd stay in Nashville and commute 100+ miles. On a more positive note, the folks at the front desk were friendly.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Huntsville Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Hi Mike, We've read your review of our La Quinta Inn Huntsville - Research Park. WOW - we've certainly dropped the ball on meeting your expectations. The cleanliness issues you've experienced are certainly not what any guest should expect when staying with La Quinta. We're sorry for what you encountered, and we'll be sharing your feedback with our Housekeeping team so they can work to improve to our standards immediately. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and we do hope that you'll consider returning to La Quinta Inns & Suites.

A La Quinta traveler
Harvest, Alabama
Reviewed 17 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stay in this La Quinta frequently with my dogs. The staff have always been really friendly and great, rooms clean, breakfast decent and there's plenty of places to walk the pups. Plus, I feel safe there. Never had a problem and for the money, it's a great deal.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Made an online reservation. Showed up at hotel the clerk wanted more money. And my credit card. What a ripoff! I would rather sleep in my car than stay at that hotel!I recommend that everyone stay away from this place. La quinta needs to look at this property.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rubboss
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Huntsville Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thanks for your comments about your experience at our La Quinta Inn Huntsville - Research Park. We're concerned about the comments you've made indicating an issue with your online rate not be honored. We'd like to discuss this matter with you directly. Would you please reach out to us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com so we can better understand the issue? Thanks again for writing to us. We're looking forward to hearing from you directly.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was delighted to find a pet friendly, smoker friendly motel at a reasonable rate. Ron, the receptionist, and Constance, the maid, were pleasant, friendly, helpful and professional. The room was very clean and comfortable. Close to great restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I'm surprised that La Quinta operates this hotel. It looks like a very old Holiday Inn with the outside entrance doors. The rooms are quite stuffy like an old hotel room. The plumbing is antiquated. Even the breakfast is below the level of quality that I've seen at other La Quintas. It's interesting that there are no less than 4 La Quinta hotels along a 2 mile stretch of University Drive, so you could easily drive to the wrong place.

I wouldn't stay at this La Quinta again. The room rates are low, but the level of room quality certainly matches it. I'll pay more for a different hotel in Huntsville next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family