“Frustrated!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville Hampton Cove
Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This hotel was just OK. We stayed here on the way back from a vacation in Gulf Shores, AL. The hotel accomodations were fine (linens, bed, etc.) but the staff attitude and security of the hotel left much to be desired. We had issues with: our bathroom smelling like urine, a person who was not either a past or present guest of the hotel who was using hotel amenities and hanging around the hotel, staff at the hotel asking us to perform duties that should be reserved for hotel staff only, and bad attitudes of staff when serving the continental breakfast in the morning. All in all, would likely go out of my way to find another hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sabrina S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville Hampton Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Meghan,

We are sorry you were frustrated during your stay.
I will address the situation with the unwanted guest with the staff.
As for the odor that was a new cleaning product that we used. It unfortunately
gave out an unpleasant smell. We had a few complaints and have taken it off the carts. I again do apologize that your experience was less than what you deserved.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was only in town from 8 PM until 8 AM, and this spot is great for nearby food choices, as well as a quiet night of sleep. Breakfast was as expected, and everything was clean - my primary priority in choosing a hotel. The maid had left a note prior to my arrival saying, "God bless!" and that was encouraging to me. The employees seemed to care about their jobs. I highly recommend staying at this Hampton, and I will stay here again should I pass this way!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sabrina S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville Hampton Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to be your hotel of choice! I loved your comment about our staff member leaving the "God Bless" note for you! Our guest are always number one in our book, and it's excellent to hear that you it has shined through in your stay.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

A nice place to stay, the staff was excellent. The location was just where we needed to stay The coffee is fresh and always on. The breakfast hostess was above and beyond friendly and helpful. We will stay here again on return trips to the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post about our hotel. Our staff is thrilled to hear that we made such an impact on your stay with us! We strive for excellent customer service, daily! I also love to hear that our guests are enjoying our 24/7 fresh hot coffee bar! We are looking forward to having you back.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I finally had a chance to return to this hotel, two years after my first visit. Everything was just as nice as the first time. I was again impressed with the clean, spacious room. Here are some things that make this hotel stand out for me:
The duvet is washed for each guest.
The bathrooms are spacious, with lots of places to hang things and extra shelf space.
Plenty of clean, plush, absorbent towels are provided.
Breakfast has lots to choose from, and a variety each day. Eggs, meat, breads, fresh fruit, cereal, juice, milk, and coffee.
Tea and coffee are available all day in the lobby.
The beds are comfortable.
The air conditioner works well with just enough white noise to drown out other sounds.
I did not hear any noise from the hall or adjacent rooms. I did hear the elevator hydraulics when the air conditioner was not running, but it was not a disturbing sound.
The Wi-Fi works well.
Plenty of available outlets for charging phones and computers.
The staff are helpful and friendly.

I hope I have another chance to stay here in the future.

1  Thank SouthpawKB

Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear that you are a returning guest with us! Your perfect five start review is greatly appreciated from our staff! I loved reading your detailed post about your stay. The coffee bar and breakfast are a couple of our great amenities, and it is so nice of you to point out the things that made your stay so great! Thank you for taking time out to give us such a great review.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel was very convenient to Huntsville . We had a very nice stay. Staff was helpful. Room was clean. Beds were very comfortable. Bathrooms clean. Complimentary breakfast had a great variety of foods and beverages. View to outside good.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sabrina S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville Hampton Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to see that you have rated our hotel so highly. Thank you from all of the staff at our location. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable beds along with our complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you as a returning guest! Thank you!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. We enjoyed the staff. Everyone from the housekeepers, breakfast staff, and front desk staff were amazing! They spoke to you and were very nice always asking if the could do anything for us. Breakfast was definitely a plus compared to Hampton's competitors. I loved they changed breakfast daily and was not tasting bland or cold. I did have two things I wish they could improve on. The carpet needs to be replaced. We stayed in a room where we could smell cigarette smoke at random times. I don't know if it was because we were on the second floor and they were smoking below us but it was not pleasant. That is my major complaint. Otherwise I would recommend this hotel and would stay at it again in the future. Not too far (15 minutes) away from much of anything.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Sabrina S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville Hampton Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recognizing our staff in such a positive way! We appreciate the time you have taken to rate our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some problems with your stay. We have our carpets cleaned quarterly, and they have been cleaned since your visit with us. We hope that your next visit will be problem free and wonderful! We will see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is near a RTJ golf course but very quiet. Plenty of stores and shops with places to eat down the road. Great room and relaxing stay. We were visiting friends in Huntsville and went to see my uncles plane he flew in Vietnam in OPERATION BOLO. It is located in the Aviation Challenge near Space Camp and the Rocket Museum.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sabrina S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville Hampton Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic five star review. It is nice to hear that you had a relaxing stay with us. Even though we are just outside the city limits, we are still fairly close the attractions in Huntsville and Jones Valley; we can provide directions and information for both locations. The Huntsville Space and Rocket Center is less than fifteen minutes from us. Our location is perfect for peace and quiet! We hope to see you again as a returning guest!