“Concert Hall at Von Braun Center - Martina McBride Concert”
Review of Von Braun Center

Von Braun Center
Ranked #9 of 69 things to do in Huntsville
Huntsville, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Concert Hall at Von Braun Center - Martina McBride Concert”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

First let me say that Martina was awesome and a real trooper at her concert. The problem is the A/C in the Concert Hall as she complained as well. We had a renovation of the place and they spent some where close to 5 million dollars on this project. The problem is they should have got a heavier duty one because, when you pack that Concert Hall like Martina did well it get hotter then the fourth of July fireworks in there. As I said she was a trooper. But, one more thing they forgot to do clean out the vents. The smell, taste, and feel of saw dust was just overwhelming from the A/C vents raining down on you. I came out and still smelled it. Now I might be a little sensitive to this being I have allergies. But, if you ever been around a house being built and they are cutting wood up it was just like that. I believe it's time for the Center to dig a little out of the budget and get those vents blown out real good then clean the bottom where it all comes out on mainly were we sit. As for seeing concerts there it's great. As for Martina McBride the lady has just amazing voice and also a lot of class. Thank you for being such a trooper! P.S. could we next time have an elevator put in too for us with those bad aging knees. Thank you!

Visited June 2014

Cullman, AL
“All State Honor Band”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Such a wonderful place to hold any event! Everyone my mom and I met was so courteous and helpful. We had a wonderful time at honor band. :)

Waco, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We happened to be in Huntsville on a night that there was a special astronomical presentation for adults and children at the planetarium. This center is situated atop a beautiful hill/mountain with beautiful overlook views nearby. The planetarium was cozy and the presentation was great. The presenter was engaging. The sky cleared just in time for some telescope viewing.

Visited May 2014
Madison
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Center of the Huntsville Universe”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having lived here 6 years now, the VBC is simply the center of everything locally. I have attended business conferences and high school graduations here but there are also plays, musicals, sporting events, proms and many other things throughout the year- many events going on concurrently each weekend evening.

Visited May 2014
Chicago
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Nice Center for Events”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The area is rather desolated. It you are traveling to Hunstville, I highly recommend that you stay at the Embassy which is connected to the Von Braun Conference.
The prepared food at Von Braun was very delicious!

Visited April 2014