“Very Pleasantly Surprised”

Sleep Inn & Suites Huntsville
Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have been staying in Huntsville every week and have stayed in various hotel chains. When I couldn't reserve my usual chain I had to try something else because of a convention in town this week. The Sleep Inn amazingly had a room available so I booked it very quickly. I wasn't expecting much but figured it had to be better than the place I stayed in the first night this week. Patrick at the desk was very pleasant and quickly checked me in - he was helpful in explaining the hotel to me etc - the room was much larger than I had expected and very clean and even smelled good. Nice room, nice staff and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank glmayo38

Reviewed 18 February 2014

When I booked this hotel, thought it was just a run of the mill mid-range budget property; however this hotel offers top notch service. i must say the service we received was better than some of the more expensive hotels we have booked. the staff were courteous & accomodating to our needs. breakfast was better than expected. you will not be disappointed in this hotel. Also beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband and I visit the Huntville AL.area at least 5 to 6 times a year.We always stay at the Seep Inn Hotel.The hotel staff is friendly,courtesous and always willing to assist in anyway they can We feel like family when were there,that's because of the excellent treatment we receive.We always stay in the king size suite.it's plenty of space,easy to move around,sofa bed,table and chair in each room.There's even a center table which comes in handy when you want to have snacks while on the sofa watching tv.There's a large breakfast area,hot food and well stocked.Very very clean accomendation.If you are ever in the Huntsville Alabama area we highly recommend you stay at this location.

Room Tip: good size rooms,and flat screen TV's.the beds are very comfortable we love the extra living roo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

First I would l like to commend to wonderful desk clerks at this hotel for their friendliness and their helpfulness. From the clerk who when I called to book who offered us a lower rate to the nite clerk Patrick who gave us a map of the city and highlighted the mall and restaurant we wanted to visit and just his overall friendliness and gracious manner with which were greeted and attended to were all very refreshing and most definitely appreciated. He searched and found us a room with no adjoing guests so as to ensure privacy since we were on a romantic getaway. The room was clean, spacious and the bed was firm which we loved since me and my husband both have bad backs. The shower had an adjustable nozzle with the massaging spray head which we also loved and they even had name brand Maxwell house coffee! The t.v. was a large flat screen and everything was shiny and dust free. The pillows were comfortable and the room was nice and quiet which made for a nice evening. The breakfast was the usual make your own waffles except they had regular and banana nut(a nice touch) grits, eggs, oatmeal, muffins, bagels yogurt, eggs, toast, coffee and juice. I was a little disappointed they didn't have a meat choice and the apple juice tasted watered down but other than that it was good. Overall we had a very nice evening and would recommend this hotel especially with there program of staying two separate nights and earn a free a night and especially with the free service we received we will definitely consider this as a return choice!!!

Room Tip: call the hotel directly the room rate online is usually higher and you can usually get a better rate...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband mistakenly booked this hotel. I wasn't hopeful, but I was so pleasantly surprised. We had a King Suite. The room was a good size. It was comfortably furnished with a sofa and a desk, a microwave, a coffee pot and refrigerator. The bed was comfortable and the room quiet. One of the most notable things is that the room was noticeably clean.
In our room, the shower was an "interesting" configuration, but there was good hot water and an adjustable shower head. It appears that this hotel primarily supports the business traveler. The WIFI connection was strong, and the hotel thoughtfully provides the password on the room card envelope.
I didn't sample the breakfast for other than coffee, but it seemed to include waffles, scrambled eggs and meats, in addition to the usual bagels, muffins and juice.

One mild complaint is that the housekeeping staff comes around early. I'm sure this is because most of their guests are business travelers and get out of the room early. One the first morning a gentleman came to our door at 8:20 to see if we wanted our room cleaned - but I have to say that he then asked me what time would we like this service. The last morning we were there, I think housekeeping was there a bit earlier.

One especially bright spot was the check in. Patrick, who seems to be a genuinely friendly person, made the check in a snap.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Talu2008
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Sleep Inn's are no frills accommodations. For that class of hotel, this one was pretty nice. Good size room with plenty of room to move around, extra living room chair, plus desk with chair. Very clean, no complaints at all in room quality. Large breakfast area with nice size breakfast bar, well stocked and maintained

Front desk staff very helpful and did their best to make you feel like a valuable customer. Funny how some hotels make you feel like checking in is a bother to them.

Location is centrally located on a busy highway, near many restaurants. The mall was only a few miles down the road. The drive to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center was only 10 to 15 minutes.

I would not hesitate at all to use this Sleep Inn again when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We were in town for a concert. We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It was very modern and updated. It was very clean, very comfortable, and the staff couldn't have been nicer. All that and a great price too. Our only complaint was the internet connection - spotty at best. But we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple