“Great little German Restaurant”
Review of Cafe Berlin - CLOSED

Cuisines: German, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had heard conflicting reports the the restaurant was closed, then still open, so we decided to go and see for ourselves. I am glad we did. Had a fantastic meal. Our waitress was wonderful and fun. The wine special is very good Pinot Grigio, try it! Try this good German restaurant out, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We have visited Cafe Berlin on many occasions and have yet to be disappointed. From the friendly wait staff to the food and flavor, it is Devine. Always go for the cucumber salad. The wine and beer selections are many. Oh, and the deserts, Wow!!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

From the moment we entered we were greeted and promptly seated . As this was our first visit we asked our waiter for some time to review the menu ,he answered all questions and we ordered . The warm bread made us feel like we were back in grandmas home cooked bakery . Our food arrived HOT and well presented on the plate . From the first bite we just knew we had found something special , the red cabbage was the best i had had in years was just like what my great grandma use to make . We have eaten at the other German restaurants in Huntsville and they don't compare to Cafe Berlin . It's a 45 mile drive to Cafe Berlin but we will be back soon !! If i had only one complaint it would be that the waiters should wear name tags for us folks who can't remember names . great job to the fine folks of Cafe Berlin !

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Outstanding service and good German food. There is no rushing of your meal and the warm german bread is very good and they will bring you seconds. My favorite dishes is the cucumber salad with the warm bread any of the main courses and usually one of the daily specials. This time I had the crusted Talapia.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I've eaten at Cafe Berlin dozens of times over the years. Their Wiener schnitzel beats any I've ever tasted in Germany. I have a hard time ordering anything else because I love it so much. The red cabbage, hot German potato salad and sauerkraut are all very flavorful and authentic. I sometimes order spaetzel (without the gravy) - $1 extra but worth it if you enjoy a dumpling-like noodle. The house salad is particularly good as the lettuce is always cold and crisp. The desserts look delicious....a good take-home item. They feature specials as well.
The decor is charming with black and white checked table cloths, and deep red and lime green walls, though the benches in the waiting area are worn and need to be recovered. If you're looking for something a little different, this is your place.