“Love This Place”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: (256) 890-0104
Description: (256) 890-0104
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants. I particularly enjoy their soup and fried rice. This is also a great place to go if you are off-cycle (i.e, not at the traditional lunch and dinner times). The food is cooked up fresh, so a late lunch or early dinner is always good. The service is excellent and the people great.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

First introduced to Asian cooking by a Korean nighbor in Midland Texas. And Vietnamese by a Vietnamese friend I met in Houston. Our daugher spent a year working in China. We visited and traveled to several different areas, and loved the food. We get very hungry for Asian food, especially Vietnamese. Our son lives in Huntsville and has taken us here. We like the Beef Clay Pot. Our son and wife likes the Chicken Clay Pot. It is not as good as our friends by feels the need. There are always lots of Oriental's eating here.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Get here early, that is all I can say. If you have to wait you will be waiting a long time since they don't seem to turn over tables fast. Once we got seated and got our food, the food was excellent. Clay pot was an excellent choice, and safe for the less adventuresome.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Every time I go, I like it better. Occasionally, I end up here two or three weeks on a row. Love the clay pots, the bun, and the fried noodle dishes. It is really entertaining to watch diners eat the soup, which requires a spoon, a fork, and sometimes a knife, depending on the type. I haven't ordered it, as I don't really know how to eat it. They are very helpful explaining menu items and friendly. Tiu (sp?), the owner, wants everyone to be happy with their food choices, so engage the staff if you have questions; they know that Vietnamese food is a new experience for many people. The spring rolls, appetizer shrimp and wantons are very good as are the salads. If you are feeling adventurous, like the cuisine, or just want something different, give them a try. Even my picky teen likes this place! They are a storefront in a strip shopping center, fairly typical for the city, but they try to do a lot with it.

2  Thank CaribeTraveller
Reviewed 5 April 2013

stopped by after reading reviews on this site. taken back by the really bad and not even basic service. server forgot my vietnamese coffee but lied about it. decent food was the only savior from this place getting my solo star. would be a shining place to be if they learn the value of simple decent FOH service.