“Very nice hotel, but...”

SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown
Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is a very nice, modern, new hotel. However, it was very difficult to find (forget using GPS) and required help from their front desk to give us an address that would get us close to the hotel to find it. The road construction going on near there adds to the difficulty finding the correct street to take to get there. Outside of this, it is a very nice hotel - but while it is not far for the center of town, there is nothing around it. The rooms were spacious and clean. One of the better breakfasts I've had in a Springhill Suites hotel. Good value for the cost. I would give this hotel a much better rating - however, because of the difficulty getting to this hotel AND more importantly, my daughter left something of hers in the room. We were not in the position to go back to the hotel that day, but I called the front the desk (two hours after checking out of the hotel) and they said that they would check the room for the item and would mail it home if they found it. Had they done this, I would give this hotel the mark of excellent. However, this never happened. When I called later in the day, the manager at that time said that she had no record of my previous conversation but would like into the matter. There was no follow up on that phone call. When I called the following morning, I was told (after waiting for over 30 minutes) that they would need to check their lost and found - but did not locate the item. While apologetic they told me that there was nothing more they could do.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had a great experience and it was a convenient location. The front desk was very friendly... All the staff goes above and beyond to assist you.The rooms were modern & We all loved the sofa couch and beds are super clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Brittany B, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about our property on TripAdvisor!! We work very hard to ensure each and every guest has an exceptional stay. We look forward to your return in the future!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I booked this hotel based on reviews and pricing. I was not disappointed. It is close to old town Huntsville and restaurants. The staff goes above and beyond to assist you. The rooms and beds are super clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was plentiful and well stocked. The outdoor pool is a salt water pool and they furnish towels for you poolside. Although it is close to a main thoroughfare, there is no traffic noise. I'm coming back soon!!

Room Tip: I chose a top floor. The hotel is very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to give us this great Tripadvisor review! We appreciate your kind words about our property very much!! We do work very hard to ensure each and every guest has an enjoyable experience at our property.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Great value, clean and comfortable room, friendly staff (kudos to C'Cara!). Best recommendation is that I would choose to stay there again. Even willing to provide free shuttle service to nearby restaurants! BTW, Below the Radar is a good restaurant choice with a great beer menu. Only complaint, really just a nit, is that the breakfast is just ok nothing to rave about. Staff was super, just food wasn't great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about the SpringHill Suites Downtown Huntsville with us! I am very glad to hear how much you enjoyed the service of the staff. We are currently reorganizing our breakfast options so next time you are in Huntsville come give it a try!!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Great hotel close to a lot of nice restaurants in downtown Huntsville. Staff was excellent, breakfast was awesome and rooms were all suites and very clean.

Had tried to find a competitor's hotel (Hilton) close to New Hope, AL. I called them and the reservation desk kept trying to put me in Pelham, AL. Believe me after telling 3 different people the zip cope of New Hope at the hotel reservation desk and then the Hilton Honors desk that Pelham, AL was no where near New Hope, I told them to forget it. Cancelled my reservation in Pelham, AL.

Glad I did, found the Springhill Suites and will stay at the Springhill every trip possible.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words about our property! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about the property on Trip Advisor. We are very glad you found our property and decided to stay with us!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I love Springhill Suites, especially the ones decorate in the aqua blue and retro prints. The room is super clean and soothing. I had a bathtub /shower combo in my room. Separate sink and toilet area. Standard microwave and fridge. Good lighting. I like the ipod docking clock radio in the room. Bed was comfortable, though the duvet was a bit thin so I turned off my a/c.
Breakfast included scrambled eggs, cereals, standard fare. The pool was smallish and in the middle of the back, didn't seem to get a lot of sunlight. Fitness center was small, but newer equipment.
Parking is free the back of the hotel. It's off the track, so there is not anything to walk to, but a short ride to other shopping or restaurants I guess.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Brittany B, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about the SpringHill Suites Downtown Huntsville with us! I am very glad you enjoyed our amenities and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

This hotel is close to everything that you need in Huntsville.
The property is well maintained. The staff is friendly. The price for a suite that serves a wonderful hot breakfast with a smile - cannot go un-noticed.

The staff was so nice - I am writing a letter to corporate to tell them so.

I list the restaurant as average because they don't have one - however - thankfully they had a nice small bar. If I had to choose between bar or restaurant - I would have the bar anyway.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Brittany B, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such nice comments about the staff and our property!! We appreciate your kind feedback! We are in the process of adding food items to the Bar menu so the next time you come to Huntsville I think you will be pleased with the new menu additions.