“Nice and new”

SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown
Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night for business. Always enjoy Springhill Suites. The breakfast was one of the best with fresh strawberries and really fresh pineapple, not canned. I missed having a bathtub even though most people would prefer a shower. Separate toilet area from shower which would be nice if more than one person shared the room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Randy S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Lana,

Thank you for taking the time to write your online review. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown was enjoyable. Thank you for the kind words of our property overall!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had forgotten how much I like the SpringHill Suites arm of Marriott. It's been a long time since I stayed in one.

I firmly believe that this is one of the best designs of hotel room I have ever seen at this price point. It is such a thoughtful layout, contemporary design, great ergonomics, sight lines, beautifully and thoughtfully lit at all times of the day and night. And more power outlets than you could possibly need, in sensible places.

My room had a microwave and refrigerator, nice and quiet that did not disturb me in the night. The air conditioning was whisper quiet.

There was a decent sized shower, separate room for the toilet, lounging area, tables to eat off, and a desk.

Everywhere you look there is good design, pleasing aesthetics and attention to detail. If only all business hotels were so thoughtfully designed.

There are a couple of reasons why I could not go to five green blobs for my rating. The first is the location. It looks like it was dumped in the middle of a field in the middle of an industrial estate. This is not a walk friendly hotel at all. Don't let the 'downtown' label fool you. And when you do get away from the hotel, better have a GPS because the roads around there are a sea of crazy intersections and random freeway ramps. It's not intuitive at all.

The other issue I had, and I don't know if this was just my room, but it was the bed. It was like they had placed the mattress upon a haunted house. Every time I moved the bed creaked and groaned. And no, I don't weigh 300lbs! The bed let down an otherwise excellent experience.

Don't get me wrong, I would stay there again, because this is an excellent property. And it's also a short trip to the Airport if you have to fly out the next day.

Room Tip: Hope that yours does not have a noisy bed. But all the rooms I suspect are pretty similar.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear ZCT808,

Thank you for taking the time to write the online review and sharing your experience with the SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown.

You indicated in your response that the property was excellent and we certainly appreciate that. We apologize in falling short on the unsatisfactory bedding as indicated in your response. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns with so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
We are also looking forward to the launch of the Constellation development and having multiple businesses join us on our street.

This opportunity will provide me and our staff the feedback and training necessary to become the best in the industry. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here for one night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Staff was friendly and efficient when we checked in. We travel a lot and have a shortlist of what makes a good room and this property met all our needs! Room had comfy beds, great water pressure, good climate control. Plenty of television channels. The free wifi got bogged down a little in the evening, but otherwise worked well.

One of our pet peeves is when a hotel touts their free breakfast and it's all high fat sugary junk. In this case, there were lots of choices... non fat milk, yogurt, fresh fruit including strawberries, turkey bacon, etc., plus lots of other things... scrambled eggs, sausage, croissants, bagels, muffins... Something for everybody and the breakfast staff worked hard and took great pride in their job.

There is also a small cocktail bar in the lobby open for a few hours in the evening with a short food menu (personal pan pizza type of thing).

A great stay and highly recommend this property!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

SunDiego123,

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, and we thank you for writing a review. Your comments are important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. Thank you for your kind words of our friendly staff, clean accommodations, and breakfast options. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Recently we stayed here. This is a fairly new hotel, well maintained and very close to the downtown area. In fact it is next door to the civic center, easy walking distance to some super restaurants and a short drive to three different shopping centers. We will definitely again stay here when we next visit Huntsville.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rusty,
Dear Rusty,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown was enjoyable. Thank you for the kind words of our property overall! We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The was a pretty nice property! I booked because the hotel stated they had shuttle service tor and from HSV. On arrival the shuttle never arrived, but hotel manager Todd, was very professional in correcting the situation.

From that point, the hotel was absolutely excellent! It was quiet, excellent maid service, 24 hour fitness center and such a lovely lobby.

The room was very spacious and lovely, the beds were so very comfortable. Many outlets available for electronics.

Complimentary breakfast was delicious with many food item options.There is a nice cozy bar in the lobby... very pleasant.

Check-in and check out were perfect.

Many options on satellite TV.

Shuttle service to HSV was excellent.

The vicinity is rather desolated. But, if you are there for business, the hotel is excellent.

I highly recommend!

Room Tip: All rooms are fine. The area is desolated, so there is no view. But, the view is not relevant.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Maxxy0000,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown was enjoyable. Thank you for the kind words of our staff overall!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I recommend anyone who is considering using this hotel for Wedding, and as a DOD employee, business people and Defense employees to STAY ELSEWHERE. Upon our decision to use this hotel, we were told that we could use the shuttle service for our wedding guests. They specifically said "It’s not within our normal mileage, but we will do it for you. Our drivers get bored." This was why we set up a room block here in the first place. Even the day I checked in, 4/4/2014, I was told the shuttle was scheduled still. The next day, they said that our shuttle was disapproved only hours before the wedding. I was DECIEVED and LIED to as a guest. I told them to have the manager call me several times throughout my stay, I still have not heard from them. In addition, my brother checked in and was given a key to a room that had NO SHEETS, and was a MESS!! Sounds like poor management to me. Lastly, I brought my wife breakfast in bed only to realize that the biscuits were straight DOUGH and UNCOOKED. I took pictures and am more than willing to share them, feel free to email me. Sadly, I wouldn’t even be writing this review if management took care of this situation. My wife emailed the corporate office and we hope to hear back soon, and when I do I will update the review. Otherwise, DONT STAY HERE! Many of my guests reported similar problems to me which they will be writing reviews as well. Simply put, its aesthetically nice, but a total nightmare to stay at.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tedr03
Randy S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Tedr03,

I would like to first thank you for choosing our property for your recent stay. I know you have many choices to choose from, so we do appreciate you choosing our SpringHill Suites Marriott Huntsville Downtown.

The inconvenience in which you endured at our property in regards to the shuttle services shouldn’t have occurred. I will not make excuses; we on our part should have been more proactive in exploring the details of your group. We do not allow our complementary shuttle to go outside of the 5 miles radius of the property. I agree with you and your comments that you should have been updated with our property’s policies and procedures in the beginning.

I cannot thank you enough for your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to serve you. This provides our team the feedback necessary to become the best in the industry.

Best,

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I was worried when I saw the surroundings (unattractive city) and the lobby, which was plain and utilitarian. However, the actual room was spacious, with two bathrooms, the most comfortable mattress and pillows that I've found yet, good temperature control and a window that opens, and a fridge and microwave. Best of all, the continental breakfast was the BEST I have ever had at a hotel. There was greek yogurt, fresh baked muffins and sweet bread, fresh strawberries and other fruit, freshly cooked oatmeal with the option of organic agave and two kinds of nuts, raisins and brown sugar to put on top. There was also the usual scrambled eggs, bacon, turkey sausage, and several breads that you could toast yourself. I'm sure there was more- it was incredible. The workout room was small but had two treadmills and free weights. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Transportation to anywhere within 5 miles was offered free. Nice place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lauren J

Dear Lauren,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown was enjoyable. We certainly appreciate the feedback with all 5 Stars!

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to servicing you in the future. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

Best ,