“You Must Stay Here”

Ranked #12 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Elk Grove, California
“You Must Stay Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was so amazed with the guest service receptionist ADRENA BENNETT, that I was compelled to write about her responsiveness and attentiveness to the guest. She is magnificent and whatever training she has received, Marriott should model their corporation's standard based off of her actions. I was greeted with an enthusiastic smile, she thanked me for choosing their hotel, she thanked me for being an elite member, she began to relay the layout of the hotel, and offer to provide information on the local restaurants.

I have stayed at a few different Marriott's in Huntsville and have never received the red carpet greeting from the receptionist, as I did with Adrena. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others based off of my experience thus far.

My room has a separate area for the shower, the king size room did not have a tub. The room also has a microwave and small frigerator. The room looked and smelled refreshed.

I do not see any restaurants within walking distance, however, there is a limited menu at the bar.
I enjoyed everything and will recommend this hotel to others. The person who checked me out asked, if I enjoyed my stay and if I received my receipt under the door. He also said that they will look forward to seeing me in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank marriott4ever
Randy S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear marriott4ever,

Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while visiting Huntsville AL, and we're pleased to know that your stay was accommodating. Thank you for your kind words of our staff member ADRENA, we are very proud to have her on our team. We aim high to meet and exceed your expectation in every way possible. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon.

Thank you again for writing.

Randy Shoe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
philadelphia area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have four young kids so we are always happy when we can all fit in one room...here its two double beds and a pull-out. It worked out great. The room was clean...ok, it could have been vacuumed better. I didn't notice until my kids walked around barefoot and had tracked black hair into the bathrooms. Since we all have blond hair and the bathrooms were clean before their showers, I'm assuming the hair was on the carpet.
The bathrooms are separated which is great when you have four kids and want to take a shower. Someone always needs the toilet while someone is showering so the rooms being separate is awesome. EXCEPT that the doors are frosted. So you can't see everything but you can see colors and outlines through the door. If a room has 3 beds, you can pretty much guarantee that the patrons don't want everyone to see them naked or using the toilet. It's weird, especially if you have an older child of the opposite sex. My preschoolers didn't care but I don't really want my 11-year-old to remember being grossed out on vacation.
I can't write about their breakfasts because we left at 5 am but they did have some Clif bars and muffins for the road.
So get rid of the shadowy doors and I'd be fine with the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank elawson
Randy S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear elawson,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay. It's unfortunate to hear that we fell short of meeting your expectations. Your comments are important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. Please know I have addressed your review with our staff in order to assure we're doing all we can to serve our guests in every way. We have also updated our corporate office and owners on the bathroom door request. I truly thank you for your valued feedback and helping our staff and property to become the very best that we can be!

On a positive note, I'm pleased to hear the hotel was lovely over wise. We value your business and do hope you'll visit us again in the future to see our improvements. Thank you again for writing.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night for business. Always enjoy Springhill Suites. The breakfast was one of the best with fresh strawberries and really fresh pineapple, not canned. I missed having a bathtub even though most people would prefer a shower. Separate toilet area from shower which would be nice if more than one person shared the room.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lana,

Thank you for taking the time to write your online review. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown was enjoyable. Thank you for the kind words of our property overall!

Burnsville, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had forgotten how much I like the SpringHill Suites arm of Marriott. It's been a long time since I stayed in one.

I firmly believe that this is one of the best designs of hotel room I have ever seen at this price point. It is such a thoughtful layout, contemporary design, great ergonomics, sight lines, beautifully and thoughtfully lit at all times of the day and night. And more power outlets than you could possibly need, in sensible places.

My room had a microwave and refrigerator, nice and quiet that did not disturb me in the night. The air conditioning was whisper quiet.

There was a decent sized shower, separate room for the toilet, lounging area, tables to eat off, and a desk.

Everywhere you look there is good design, pleasing aesthetics and attention to detail. If only all business hotels were so thoughtfully designed.

There are a couple of reasons why I could not go to five green blobs for my rating. The first is the location. It looks like it was dumped in the middle of a field in the middle of an industrial estate. This is not a walk friendly hotel at all. Don't let the 'downtown' label fool you. And when you do get away from the hotel, better have a GPS because the roads around there are a sea of crazy intersections and random freeway ramps. It's not intuitive at all.

The other issue I had, and I don't know if this was just my room, but it was the bed. It was like they had placed the mattress upon a haunted house. Every time I moved the bed creaked and groaned. And no, I don't weigh 300lbs! The bed let down an otherwise excellent experience.

Don't get me wrong, I would stay there again, because this is an excellent property. And it's also a short trip to the Airport if you have to fly out the next day.

Room Tip: Hope that yours does not have a noisy bed. But all the rooms I suspect are pretty similar.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear ZCT808,

Thank you for taking the time to write the online review and sharing your experience with the SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown.

You indicated in your response that the property was excellent and we certainly appreciate that. We apologize in falling short on the unsatisfactory bedding as indicated in your response. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns with so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
We are also looking forward to the launch of the Constellation development and having multiple businesses join us on our street.

This opportunity will provide me and our staff the feedback and training necessary to become the best in the industry. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.

United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here for one night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Staff was friendly and efficient when we checked in. We travel a lot and have a shortlist of what makes a good room and this property met all our needs! Room had comfy beds, great water pressure, good climate control. Plenty of television channels. The free wifi got bogged down a little in the evening, but otherwise worked well.

One of our pet peeves is when a hotel touts their free breakfast and it's all high fat sugary junk. In this case, there were lots of choices... non fat milk, yogurt, fresh fruit including strawberries, turkey bacon, etc., plus lots of other things... scrambled eggs, sausage, croissants, bagels, muffins... Something for everybody and the breakfast staff worked hard and took great pride in their job.

There is also a small cocktail bar in the lobby open for a few hours in the evening with a short food menu (personal pan pizza type of thing).

A great stay and highly recommend this property!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SunDiego123,

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, and we thank you for writing a review. Your comments are important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. Thank you for your kind words of our friendly staff, clean accommodations, and breakfast options. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area. Thank you once again for writing.

Lenoir City, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Recently we stayed here. This is a fairly new hotel, well maintained and very close to the downtown area. In fact it is next door to the civic center, easy walking distance to some super restaurants and a short drive to three different shopping centers. We will definitely again stay here when we next visit Huntsville.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Rusty,
Dear Rusty,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown was enjoyable. Thank you for the kind words of our property overall! We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The was a pretty nice property! I booked because the hotel stated they had shuttle service tor and from HSV. On arrival the shuttle never arrived, but hotel manager Todd, was very professional in correcting the situation.

From that point, the hotel was absolutely excellent! It was quiet, excellent maid service, 24 hour fitness center and such a lovely lobby.

The room was very spacious and lovely, the beds were so very comfortable. Many outlets available for electronics.

Complimentary breakfast was delicious with many food item options.There is a nice cozy bar in the lobby... very pleasant.

Check-in and check out were perfect.

Many options on satellite TV.

Shuttle service to HSV was excellent.

The vicinity is rather desolated. But, if you are there for business, the hotel is excellent.

I highly recommend!

Room Tip: All rooms are fine. The area is desolated, so there is no view. But, the view is not relevant.
Green Features: They do have notices about their environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Maxxy0000,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown was enjoyable. Thank you for the kind words of our staff overall!