“Central and comfortable”

Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Central and comfortable”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel is brand new, maybe two years old. Located near the Von Braun center, it stands alone in an open area undergoing urban renewal. Staff was very friendly and beds we're exceptionally comfortable. Room design reminded me of a modern European style with its layout and opaque glass wall between the bedroom and sitting area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Randy S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Rick,

Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while visiting Huntsville AL, and we're pleased to know that your stay was comfortable.

Thank you for your kind words of our property, we aim high to meet and exceed your expectation in every way possible. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon.

Best,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Hueytown, Alabama
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Loved the hotel and the room but was not pleased with my housekeeping service. Our room was not cleaned for some reason but when we came back in later we decided it was no big deal. I went down and just asked if we could get towels sent us since it was late in the day. They sais sure and even called to see if we got the towels. When we got back to our room at 10:00pm, we still had no towels and the room had not been cleaned. Not what I expected after asking for towels three times.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Randy S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear IvyD,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay. It's unfortunate to hear that we fell short of meeting your expectations in regards to housekeeping. Your comments are important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. Please know I have addressed your review with our staff in order to assure we're doing all we can to serve our guests in every way. I truly thank you for your valued feedback and helping our staff and property to become the very best that we can be!

On a positive note, I'm pleased to hear that the front desk was wonderful over wise. We value your business and do hope you'll visit us again in the future to see our improvements. Thank you again for writing.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Staff was great and very accommodating. We had a one bed King Suite plus a room rental for the next day so that we could administer a test to several professionals. There was a soccer tournament in town and the entire hotel was booked. Kids were running and playing and having a gret time on into the night. The staff kept them quiet and under control while tending to the needs of the other non soccer guests like us. The bar stayed open until everyone was satisfied without making a last call forcing the adults to entertain themselves. The breakfast was free and well adorned with a variety of options.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear jmoneykappaalpha,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay. I truly thank you for your valued feedback and helping our staff and property to become the very best that we can be! It's unfortunate to hear that we fell short of meeting your expectations in regards to pillows and mattresses. I have relayed your feedback to corporate to make a change in pillow sizes and an option for new pillow-tops for the mattresses per guest’s request.

On a positive note, I'm pleased to hear that the service and staff was sopt on! We value your business and do hope you'll visit us again in the future to see our improvements. Thank you again for writing.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 June 2014

If I could wave my magic wand and make this the hotel I stayed in everywhere I travel I'd be in heaven. I've stayed in many hotels all over the country and for the money this is it. Had a slight issue in room, resolved in minutes. Breakfast is good, many choices. Staff is friendly and attentive. The hotel seems like it's in the midst of vacant fields, don't know why. Nothing in walking distance, Only drawback. I'd stay here again and again though, didn't come for view out the window.

Room Tip: No bathtub but I don't care.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Randy S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Zantar,

Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while visiting Huntsville AL, and we're pleased to know that you've found your travel heaven.

We truly appreciate your feedback and wish you could have stayed longer. We’ll see you on your next trip to Huntsville. Thank you for taking to the time to share your experience with us!

Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was so amazed with the guest service receptionist ADRENA BENNETT, that I was compelled to write about her responsiveness and attentiveness to the guest. She is magnificent and whatever training she has received, Marriott should model their corporation's standard based off of her actions. I was greeted with an enthusiastic smile, she thanked me for choosing their hotel, she thanked me for being an elite member, she began to relay the layout of the hotel, and offer to provide information on the local restaurants.

I have stayed at a few different Marriott's in Huntsville and have never received the red carpet greeting from the receptionist, as I did with Adrena. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others based off of my experience thus far.

My room has a separate area for the shower, the king size room did not have a tub. The room also has a microwave and small frigerator. The room looked and smelled refreshed.

I do not see any restaurants within walking distance, however, there is a limited menu at the bar.
I enjoyed everything and will recommend this hotel to others. The person who checked me out asked, if I enjoyed my stay and if I received my receipt under the door. He also said that they will look forward to seeing me in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank marriott4ever
Dear marriott4ever,

Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while visiting Huntsville AL, and we're pleased to know that your stay was accommodating. Thank you for your kind words of our staff member ADRENA, we are very proud to have her on our team. We aim high to meet and exceed your expectation in every way possible. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon.

philadelphia area
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have four young kids so we are always happy when we can all fit in one room...here its two double beds and a pull-out. It worked out great. The room was clean...ok, it could have been vacuumed better. I didn't notice until my kids walked around barefoot and had tracked black hair into the bathrooms. Since we all have blond hair and the bathrooms were clean before their showers, I'm assuming the hair was on the carpet.
The bathrooms are separated which is great when you have four kids and want to take a shower. Someone always needs the toilet while someone is showering so the rooms being separate is awesome. EXCEPT that the doors are frosted. So you can't see everything but you can see colors and outlines through the door. If a room has 3 beds, you can pretty much guarantee that the patrons don't want everyone to see them naked or using the toilet. It's weird, especially if you have an older child of the opposite sex. My preschoolers didn't care but I don't really want my 11-year-old to remember being grossed out on vacation.
I can't write about their breakfasts because we left at 5 am but they did have some Clif bars and muffins for the road.
So get rid of the shadowy doors and I'd be fine with the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank elawson
Randy S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear elawson,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay. It's unfortunate to hear that we fell short of meeting your expectations. Your comments are important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. Please know I have addressed your review with our staff in order to assure we're doing all we can to serve our guests in every way. We have also updated our corporate office and owners on the bathroom door request. I truly thank you for your valued feedback and helping our staff and property to become the very best that we can be!

On a positive note, I'm pleased to hear the hotel was lovely over wise. We value your business and do hope you'll visit us again in the future to see our improvements. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night for business. Always enjoy Springhill Suites. The breakfast was one of the best with fresh strawberries and really fresh pineapple, not canned. I missed having a bathtub even though most people would prefer a shower. Separate toilet area from shower which would be nice if more than one person shared the room.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lana,

Thank you for taking the time to write your online review. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown was enjoyable. Thank you for the kind words of our property overall!