“No frills”

Ranked #43 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
california
“No frills”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

a basic hotel. with basics. many overnight travelers and construction workers. basic in all ways. great bed! flat screen tv! clean rooms and quiet. exactly what you'd expect.

Room Tip: no elevator. laundry on second floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Lori B, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Huntsville Madison Square Mall La Quinta. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

La Quinta continuously strives to create memorable moments with our guests, through people first service and clean comfortable accommodations. We stand by our commitment to serving our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations.

256-830-8999 Ext.162

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lansing MI
Reviewed 21 March 2012

stopped in huntsville on our way to Gulf Shores. I have stayed at alot of La Q hotels. This one isn't great but it was fine for the few hours we spent there. I didn't have a reservation and I expected to pay alot more but the clerk gave me the internet price of $55 after mentioning that I was a Rewars Member. As we were checking in, two young guys walked in. RIght away she told them the hotel was talking credit card customers ONLY; the guys walked out. I asked her what that was all about and she said it was because it gets rid of some of the "riff raff" wanting to get a room there just to throw a party. After hearing that, i was kind of leary staying there but I didnt have any problems. The room had 2 queen beds so that took up most of the room but it was clean. No frills but I didnt expect any.I can't remember if the bed was comfortable, must have been as i woke up feeling rested.I didnt have any breakfast so I can't comment on that. our room faced the trash bins, so not a nice view. Also there were a couple of plastic chairs near our window which i found odd but in the morning there was an employee out there smoking. (we were on the first floor).so i guess that's where they take a break and have a smoke. If i had to stay here again, I guess I would if the price was right. Check out was a breeze.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Atlanta
Reviewed 9 February 2012

As an "Elite" (25+ nights a year) Laquinta guest, I have grown accustomed to fast check-ins. Not here! There was a line.. that happens sometimes, but when my turn came ----- no express check in, "may I see your credit card and ID", having to sign the paperwork as if I had just walked in off the street. Others waiting to check in behind me were delayed due to all this. The room was average, with reasonably comfortable bed and clean bath. Breakfast did include hard boiled eggs, some fruit, yogurt and normal items. The checkout was uneventful. This hotel is ok, but not an upper end LaQuinta based on my experience this time.

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter--- floors don't seem well insulated for noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta.

Your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. We hope you will be staying with us again soon.

Middle Tennessee
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This is a 2.5 star property on Priceline that I got for a $35 bid ($47 after fees) so it is definitely a value at that price. It is in West Huntsville. There are at least 3 La Quintas in the area and one on the same road. It is in a good location for restaurants, including a nearby Chick-fil-a. There was no trouble for my wife to check in and I met her there. The entry is indoors and that is nice. There was a good breakfast in the morning with a hot waffle, 2-3 types of cereal, yogurt, and more. The coffee was good. A group of us all stayed here and ran the Mt. Mist 50k ultra in the nearby hills the next day. No one complained about anything that I heard of and we have a good time in the breakfast area at 6 am.

The beds were firm enough, the HD flat screen tv had a lot of good connections and if I stayed there longer I would have used them to connect my tablet computer and watch some netflix as the cables were available (HDMI.) The WiFi work well. The only thing that was a negative was the shower curtain was real musty smelling. I noticed when I entered the room. My wife didn't notice it though. At least there was no cigarette smell. The lady angry at 2 am wasn't really the hotels fault. She shut up after a while and I went back to sleep.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stay at this hotel during most of my Huntsville visits. This stay was not unlike most of my stays, can always find something to complain about.
I would give it a 2.5 rating, but not a 3. I do not believe that it quite qualifies as average.
Checking in, I had asked for a 3rd floor room on my reservation, they checked me into a 2nd floor room. If you had read previous reviews, the second floor is the smoking floor. Went up the elevator, the doors opened, and all I could smell was cigarette odors. I went down to get another room and was asked why I didn't want that room, I told him that it was the smoking floor, and that it smelled like smoke. He told me that not all of the rooms were smoking. I asked to be put on another floor, which he did.
Went to my new room, settled in, got the computer out, put it on the desk, crawled under the desk and there were crumbs, obviously that area was missed with the vacuum during the last cleaning.
Got up the next morning, took a shower, and while drying off in the shower, I noticed the behind the toilet was, well, not sure what it was (probably from a leak that eventually sealed itself), but it wasn't clean. Both the floor and the toilet needs to be cleaned. I did notify the front desk when I checked out.
Will I stay there again? Most likely, as all of my expenses come out of my own pocket, and this is probably the best value in the area, and very close to my customers.

Room Tip: Try to book a room not on the 2nd floor, unless you are a smoker.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank traveling_fiber_guy

LEESBURG
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Good location for going to Space Center. The hotel front desk employees do an outstanding job, very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was adequate, I've had more choices and better at other LaQuinta locations. Housekeeping needs to step up and do the public areas, hallways are very dirty and does not seem to have seen a vaccum in a long time. Towels not replaced.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
New Orleans
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Want you out of room by noon no exceptions!! Front desk employees are very friendly. The free breakfast is ok.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business