“An old hotel doing its best”

Baymont Inn & Suites Huntsville
Ranked #43 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This La Quinta is excellently located for restaurants and highways. The front desk staff is bright, friendly and helpful...UA students, perhaps? And it is definitely inexpensive.

Beyond that, this property is just too old to rate even an 'average' evaluation. Cleanliness is marginal (food on the floor behind the armchair in our room, back of TV had probably never been dusted, room carpet spotted). Plumbing works but is on its way out. Small breakfast room, limited offerings.

This place tries its best, but it is not up to today's standard at La Quinta.

Room Tip: Ask for a king on the third floor, to get away from the WaffleShop's parking lot noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Plus8

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Hotel is located in a great area. Surrounded by many restaurants and shopping mall. Was in close proximity to all events I had to attend. Hotel staff was very courteous and helpful. Parking area was close to hotel entry. Grounds were well kept. Quiet area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Livingston, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I've staying at that for the last couple of years, I am very satisfied with service I received from La Quinta Inn & Suites Huntsville Madison Square. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The room felt run down. It had not been updated to even include touching up the paint (such as where a dog had scratched it off the door) or replacing the hook on the back of the bathroom door which appeared to have been yanked off leaving a hole with damaged wood. It did seem clean, however.

The breakfast area was too small to accommodate all the hotel guests at the same time. However, there was an entire site seeing bus of people coming from New Orleans and returning to Ohio trying to eat when we were also there. One of the site seers told me that this was his first and last La Quinta stay. I told him that he shouldn't give up on them. We normally choose La Quinta and this one did not represent our usual quality of stay.

My biggest complaint was with the breakfast, which we normally look forward to at La Quinta. The juice dispenser was out of order, so there was no juice available. While a guest can be understanding when things go wrong, it should be remedied by the very next day. That doesn't mean the juice dispenser needs to be repaired, but a pitcher filled with juice, or a gallon jug of juice, or even the small cardboard cartons would work. Hotel staff had enough time to come up with a solution by our second day, but could only shrug when asked about it. We were only there two nights, so I really don't know how long it has been a problem. The lack of concern with detail is what disappointed the most.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robin D
A TripAdvisor Member
Candler, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The staff was friendly and very helpful. The breakfast food was good. Would and will stay again. We were greeted with a warm smile and friendly face when we arrieved. The check in was very fast and the room was extremely clean. The bathroom was very clean. The sleeping arrangements were very quite and comfortable along with the beds.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This was my last stay ever at the La Quinta in Madison. Because my wife and I have moved there. I've stayed in this hotel a number of times. My last stay was a pleasure trip. My wife and I were looking for a place in Huntsville so we decided to combine that with one last night at my favorite La Quinta. As always the staff was exceptional. The room was great. We got the Jacuzzi room...very relaxing. It was a perfect stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emulford
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were in town recently with our dogs and were told to stay at the La Quinta Madison Square as it was the nicest of the 3 La Quintas within a 1 mile strip.

The first thing I want to say is that the staff was OVER THE TOP! They were the nicest hotel staff I had encountered in a very long time. We had our dogs with us and they bent over backwards to be nice to them. We were greeted in a friendly manner every time we encountered a staff member and they were happy to accommodate us in whatever we needed. The staff gets 5 Stars from me! Especially Brian! He was the best!

The hotel looked like parts of it had been renovated. The lobby was nice, but once you got into the hallway area you could see the wear and tear. My room was a little below average for my standards. My bed was clean, the sheets and the comforter was clean. The tv was new and the entire room was clean but the carpet had some stains on it and the walls looked worn and dated. The bathroom was a bit worn also. I understand it's a hotel that accommodates dogs, but I refused to let my dog lie on the floor.

I had several friends staying at the hotel also and they had some difficulties. One friend went through 3 rooms before she was in one that was acceptable. The first one had a broken A/C. The second had a broken toilet - which she put up with for an entire night because they promised to fix it on Saturday. When we got back to the room on Saturday they had not yet fixed the toilet so she insisted on moving. Another friend's A/C never got cool enough for her to be comfortable.

The hotel backs up to a Waffle House. We found that out at 1:45am on Saturday when someone decided to have a party in the Waffle House parking lot. My friend called the front desk thinking it was outside the hotel, and they were very responsive, but unable to do anything once they found out it was at the restaurant. So we did not get much sleep that night and it was very disruptive to the dogs.

I am not sure we will stay here again when we return to Huntsville in the future. I hate that because we really loved the location and the staff.

Room Tip: The third floor is "non smoking"
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends