“I feel dirty now!! 😕”

Ranked #42 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Versailles, Kentucky
“I feel dirty now!! 😕”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Upon entering my room, I knew this was a mistake. The room had a funny smell, stains covered the carpets (I don't even want to think about what it was), there was dirt on the bed.. Yes, DIRT!!! The bathroom door had some of everything on it, I swear it hasn't been cleaned since this place opened. There was dried food on the wall (I assume that's what it was). I unfortunately was obligated to stay here but I tell you, never EVER again! I want to get up and leave now bc I'm laying in bed and just cringing at the thought of what else is around me. If the room would have been clean, I would have been satisfied. This place is just disgusting! Disappointed and Disgusted! #theyshouldbepayingpeopletostayhere!! :/

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Motivatedmama99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Central, alabama
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Immediately upon walking in I double checked the address of my reservation. The hotel smelled of mold and burning heat. The breakfast area had overflowing trash from earlier perhaps, I checked in at 5pm. The second floor, natrocious. Filthy floors, molded caulk in bath tub, used toilet paper in bathroom, dirty q tips on counter, the alarm clock was dusty as well as desk. I had to ask for a safe area for valuables..... In which they do not offer. Handprints on mirrors. I had to ask for a do not disturb sign. Housekeepers in the hall looked like gangbangers.... And spoke of things I wouldn't dare of. The entire hotel is rundown. Ceiling tiles caving in amongst the wooden doors with chips and cracks that was painted over. The ceiling in my room was so bad I could just laugh. And if you want a view make sure Waffle House isn't it. I had a brick wall when I opened my blinds. The fitness center is one treadmill and one elliptical stuck in a tiny room with no sanitizer and no towels etc.... No way should this be called a fitness center. If I wasn't obligated to stay in this hotel I would have walked out the minute I saw my room. Oh and if you want Ice, sorry Charlie that's a luxury this place doesn't offer, and bath cloths are very skimpy and rough for those with leather textured skin.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Notlookinforbaddeals
Maine
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This La Quinta is excellently located for restaurants and highways. The front desk staff is bright, friendly and helpful...UA students, perhaps? And it is definitely inexpensive.

Beyond that, this property is just too old to rate even an 'average' evaluation. Cleanliness is marginal (food on the floor behind the armchair in our room, back of TV had probably never been dusted, room carpet spotted). Plumbing works but is on its way out. Small breakfast room, limited offerings.

This place tries its best, but it is not up to today's standard at La Quinta.

Room Tip: Ask for a king on the third floor, to get away from the WaffleShop's parking lot noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Plus8
Columbus, Mississippi
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Hotel is located in a great area. Surrounded by many restaurants and shopping mall. Was in close proximity to all events I had to attend. Hotel staff was very courteous and helpful. Parking area was close to hotel entry. Grounds were well kept. Quiet area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I've staying at that for the last couple of years, I am very satisfied with service I received from La Quinta Inn & Suites Huntsville Madison Square. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to my friends.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Germantown
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The room felt run down. It had not been updated to even include touching up the paint (such as where a dog had scratched it off the door) or replacing the hook on the back of the bathroom door which appeared to have been yanked off leaving a hole with damaged wood. It did seem clean, however.

The breakfast area was too small to accommodate all the hotel guests at the same time. However, there was an entire site seeing bus of people coming from New Orleans and returning to Ohio trying to eat when we were also there. One of the site seers told me that this was his first and last La Quinta stay. I told him that he shouldn't give up on them. We normally choose La Quinta and this one did not represent our usual quality of stay.

My biggest complaint was with the breakfast, which we normally look forward to at La Quinta. The juice dispenser was out of order, so there was no juice available. While a guest can be understanding when things go wrong, it should be remedied by the very next day. That doesn't mean the juice dispenser needs to be repaired, but a pitcher filled with juice, or a gallon jug of juice, or even the small cardboard cartons would work. Hotel staff had enough time to come up with a solution by our second day, but could only shrug when asked about it. We were only there two nights, so I really don't know how long it has been a problem. The lack of concern with detail is what disappointed the most.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robin D
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The staff was friendly and very helpful. The breakfast food was good. Would and will stay again. We were greeted with a warm smile and friendly face when we arrieved. The check in was very fast and the room was extremely clean. The bathroom was very clean. The sleeping arrangements were very quite and comfortable along with the beds.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family