“Good Place to stay”

Ranked #43 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
San Bernardino, CA
“Good Place to stay”
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Nice hotel to stay. The room was clean, staff was friendly. Close to shopping and resturants. I would stay there again. Hopefully one day they will make it 100% smoke free.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank iriebossman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dalton, GA
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We stayed here for quick getaway weekend to Huntsville. I have always had very good experiences with La Quinta. Check in staff was friendly and efficient. We had two rooms across the hall from each other. One had a dank smell, a blurry tube tv, and a slightly dirty bathroom. The other was clean and fresh with a modern tv. Breakfast was decent. Tasteless waffles, cereal, juice, less than fresh muffins, etc. The pool didn't open until 11 rather than 9 because of a storm that had been through the night before. It must have been some storm to require 2 hours of clean up. We went to the front desk to ask for a late checkout so the kids could at least enjoy a little bit of the pool before leaving. We were told we could extend to 1pm (rather than 12). We started loading the car at 12:30 when we had a visitor from the front desk. I open the door to "Do you realize checkout was at 12, we have a problem here". I explained that we had called the front desk, etc. Her reply was "Well it wasn't approved by ME, who told you THAT?" We told her we were on our way to the car and she wouldn't have to worry about us EVER again. That is when we realized that they had turned our key access off to our second room. They finally got the room open and we saw the Madison Square Mall La Quinta in our review mirror for the last time.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Seymour_Playsess
Sarasota/Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 1 December 2009

My only complaint is that they do not completely separate their smoking and non-smokng rooms. My non-smoking room was just a few feet away from the smoking ones so the hallways stunk! But surprisingly the room itself smelled fine and was clean. It also helped that the window opened and I was able to get fresh air in there. Staff was friendly, complimentary breakfast was great, location was perfect for my needs.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Goldstarvw
Kentucky
Reviewed 12 October 2009

This is not a bad hotel....we rented 2 rooms. They were clean but there were a few stray hairs in the bottom of the bath. One of the shower handles was very hard to adjust and really needed to be replaced as it was almost impossible to get anything other than hot water. The staff was quite rude at check in and at breakfast. Hotel has a waffle maker with mix--The mix was empty and we informed front desk clerk of this. She spat off that it was just slow moving and offered no further assistance. Another hotel guest arrived and went to tell the desk clerk the same thing and she was also snapped at. The desk clerk finally came over, practically threw the chair out of her way and got a refill. Very very rude!! There was a large dog in one of the far rooms on the 1st floor that was barking out the window every time someone went out to their car...this could also be heard all along the 1st floor. Free internet was not very reliable. I have stayed in way worse...

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank slocam
Opa-Locka, Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2009

I do not write reviews often (honestly, I cannot remember ever writing one), but I just felt that I needed to tell others about this hotel if in the Huntsville area. I have no idea what the other reviewers are talking about. Please do not hesitate to make a reservation at this location. Our room was recently rennovated and was immaculate! When we walked in the room, there was a card with a HAND WRITTEN note waiting for us welcoming us to their location and thanking us for choosing to stay there. They also placed a cookie right by the card! Also, within 10 minutes of our walking into our room, the very nice man who checked us in called and asked if we were happy with our room and also asked us to let him kow if there was "anything at all" that we needed. Please tell me, when was the last time ANY chain hotel treated like this? I have NEVER felt so welcome there. I am a Marriott Rewards member and the only reason I did not stay at one of there locations in Huntsville is because they would not accept my points for the 3 specific nights we were going to be in town. I love, love, love Marriott, but I have to admit that none of their locations has ever treated me like this La Quinta hotel did. Also, our little 12 pound Italian Greyhound stayed with us for no extra fee, Marriott charges a $100.00 non-refundable pet fee at the Residence Inn. La Quinta does NOT charge an extra cent. Make your reservation and ENJOY! Thank you so much La Quinta!

• Stayed August 2009
3 Thank scott_ss
tampa
Reviewed 29 July 2008

I called the hotel and asked if we could pay to upgrade and was told "NO! You bookd through Orbitz!". Fine, how bad could the room be? VERY BAD! They put us right next to the hotel laundry where the employees think it is ok to yell up and down the hall and smoke! The room was nasty dirty and the breakfast? PLEASE! cold cereal and self made "awfulls". Skip this place at all costs!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank tampawrites
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 3 June 2008

I stayed at this hotel for a recent work assignment. As I was unfamiliar with the area, and arrived at night, I first had to find the correct La Quinta, as there are three within five miles of each other.

Check-in was quick and efficient. I found my room to have relatively new furnishings and a flatscreen television. Unfortunately, a number of channels do not show up clearly. The bed is extremely comfortable and is definitely the best aspect of the hotel room.

The water pressure is ridiculously poor; I am not exaggerating when I say it takes a good two minutes to build up enough water pressure to activate the shower head. The second night of my stay, when I attempted to take a shower, I found even less water pressure than the day before and when water did ultimately begin to flow it was the color of Pepsi. It ran clear after running for another few minutes. The automated wake-up call feature as listed on the phone does not work. My room key somehow cleared itself after one day of being in my pocket; the hotel staff told me it was due to my cellphone. I've never had that experience anywhere else.

The housekeeping here has some opportunities. My shower curtain has mildew on it even after I left it draped across the edge of the tub where housekeeping could not help but see it. My first night here my room had only one washcloth. A solid layer of dust coats the top of the microwave, and there are water spots on the mirror. A sticky residue is on all the drawer pulls of the dresser.

There is a complimentary breakfast served in the mornings. My one and only attempt at using the wafflemaker resulted in a waffle that refused to willingly come out of the machine. I did finally remove it, but was rewarded with a pile of torn waffle pieces for my trouble. Other food options included muffins commonly found in convenience stores encased in plastic wrappers, sausage biscuits (also in plastic wrappers), hard boiled eggs, cereal, and Maxwell House coffee.

Frankly, this hotel has the potential to be better than it is, but as it stands now I couldn't possibly recommend it to anyone under any circumstances. The execution is not there, especially in light of so many competing hotels in close proximity.

• Liked — The comfortable bed.
  • Disliked — The poor cleanliness of the room.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank usmcsgtftl