I've stayed here several times since they opened. Each time I say I won't go back. The rooms were on the "very good" side when new, but renovations and general sprucing up are very past due. My biggest problem on every visit has been getting the accomodation I request and reserve. They never have the room as requested and never want to take the time to check to see if such a room is available. I was there this Memorial Day Weekend with my husband who had just gotten out of the hospital. We probably should have rented a wheelchair, but was told when I reserved that a room would be available close to an exit. When I went to check in, the front desk person said that one wasn't available and there was nothing at all on the first floor. She claimed she didn't know which rooms were close to exits on the upper floors and I ended up running all over the hotel myself to find a room close to an exit (there was nothing at all available close to the elevator). I finally found a room which was marked non-smoking, but reeked of stale cigarette smoke. I probably should have just cut my losses and found other accomodations at a hotel willing to offer assistance, but we had driven many hours so we just stayed. Not a good decision.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. Brand new rooms ~ Fully renovated December 2006 At the Candlewood Suites Hotel Huntsville, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. Work efficiently at your over-sized executive desk with free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD/VCR player. Borrow your favorite movies from our free DVD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. You can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Have laundry? Wash your clothes in our complimentary washers and dryers. Earn Priority Club points for each qualifying stay.Located only 7 miles from the Von Braun Center, only minutes to Bridge Street Mall, and minutes away from Redstone Arsenal . Our setting is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers. We are conveniently located off of I-565 in Huntsville, and within a 1/2 mile of the Cummings Research Park, US Space and Rocket Center, and Redstone Arsenal/Marshall Space Flight Center. We are a pet friendly hotel. Pets are allowed with a non-refundable fee based on length of stay. $75 for 1-6 nights and $150 for 7+ nights. One pet allowed per suite and must weigh less than 80 lbs. Pet agreement must be signed at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Candlewood Suites Huntsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Huntsville Hotel Huntsville
- Candlewood Huntsville
- Huntsville Candlewood Suites