“Great value!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Frankfort, IN
“Great value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a pet friendly motel for our overnight stop on the way to Florida. I almost always stay at Holiday Inns because I like the quality & price. Candlewood Suites is part of the IHG chain. We were not disappointed in the quality of the room. The lobby is not as fancy, but the staff very friendly & accommodating. We will stay here again on the way home!

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank jenjen1955

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at the cost of the room compared to the amenities at this property. There was a full size frig, dishwasher, 2 burner stove, microwave. Dishes, pots/pans, flatware and glasses. The room was clean and very roomy. FREE WIRELESS INTERNET! There was a fitness room, food pantry and guest laundry in the common area. I will definitely stay here when I'm in Huntsville again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jojoterry
Asheville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed at Candlewood because it was the nicest hotel in the area that accepted pets. I was surprised to see that the room quality was very similar to that of a Spring Hill and not much different than an Embassy (no piano, restaurant, or atrium). However, the price was significantly less for there is no daily maid service, free breakfast, or downtown location. If you dont miss those amenities, this hotel is worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank S M
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Candlewood Suites and had the very best experience. Audrey checked us in and was still on duty the next morning when we checked out. She went that "extra mile" to make sure we had everything we needed.We were given two complimentary drinks and extra pillows. I didn't see the USA Today which is sometimes available in the lobby. Audrey stated that they are in the Candlewood Cupboard on top of the table. Later, she asked if I found it. When we were checking out, she asked,"How was your stay?" Usually, no one ever bothers to ask us that question. We were also given a choice of which floor we would like to be on. We like the top floors because sometimes people stomp their feet waking us up early in the morning.We stayed in room 317 which was immaculately clean. Bedding was very comfortable. A/C worked extremely well. We like to stay at hotels where there is a refrigerator and microwave. This hotel has a full sized refrigerator which allows us to bring "take home" food from the restaurants. The complimentary coffee in the Cupboard is always nice to have. We have stayed at this hotel before, but that was a long time ago. It is still the best stop in Huntsville. So many restaurants and shops to choose from in the immediate area. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Stay on one of the lower floors because on the third floor you get to hear all the planes leaving fi...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaryannF650
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We got a friendly welcome from Sharon upon our arrival. Since this was our first stay at this type of facility, she explained all of the amenities available and told us that someone would be available 24 hours if we needed anything. Our room was great, very clean, nice kitchen facilities, linens, etc. No pool or free breakfast, but we didn't miss them. We will definitely plan to stay at a Candlewood Suites during our future travels.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pawilds
Las Cruces, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Room was clean! Liked VCR and DVD player in room. Actually took a couple of DVD's with me to watch, so I can't comment on their lending library. Bed was comfortable. No housekeeping would have been a pain if I had stayed more than 2 nights. In Hotel mini-mart was well stocked, good selection, and reasonable prices.

My major complaint was Ice! The refrigerator in the room had an ice maker, but it was shut off when I arrived, and I couldn't find an ice machine. Since this was a small refrigerator, it only made about a glass of ice at a time. So, first night, suffered with luke warm beverages. Also, with the refrigerator less than 20 feet from the bed, everytime the ice maker cycled it would rudely wake you up. Ended up turning it off over night. Also, the refrigerator was noisy!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Seriously, I have stayed at many two star hotels before. I have also stayed at "ritzy" three and four star hotels. This is by far the BEST two star hotel I've ever stayed at. Extremely clean. And, not even that, completely modern, updated, and cozy. Bathroom and kitchen looked recently updated. Carpet was clean and soft. Bedding was cozy. I LOVE LOVE LOVE when hotels have big oversized comforters and big fluffy pillows. Nothing gives me the creeps more than that quilted cover thing that some hotels have. This hotel had a super comfy bed and the big soft comforter I LOVE. Flat screen TV with a dvd player. You can rent DVD's for free from the lobby. They have a little store near the lobby too with lots of goodies. They work on the honor system, so the store is open all the time. Makes it convenient for a late night snack or drink! Room is complete with cooking utensils and pots and pans, plates, bowls, silverware, etc. The fridge and dishwasher were brand new too. Big recliner in the room was a nice way to watch tv too. Lots of counter/desk space made it easy to sprawl out with all our stuff. Quiet area. Large room.

Hotel is centrally located to the Space center, as well as shopping and downtown Huntsville.

The only downside some people might see (I saw this as perfectly fine), they do not clean your room daily unless you ask for it. But really, I don't need new towels every day. And they ask at check in if we needed any extra, for the reason they don't send a housekeeper daily. I liked not having to pack up all my stuff each day for the housekeeper to come through. And we could sleep in. They do provide magnets for the door if you want or do not want certain types of housekeeping to come through. Really a good system that more hotels should adopt, I think.

Seriously, why is this not at LEAST a three star hotel?! TOTALLY worth the money. We got this place on Orbitz for $70/night. Total steal. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple