“Candlewood Suites: Huntsville, Alabama”

Candlewood Suites Huntsville
Ranked #29 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Atlanta, GA
“Candlewood Suites: Huntsville, Alabama”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This was the first time that I had stayed in this type of hotel so I was not sure what to expect. I normally stay at Holiday Inn Express locations. The hotel is in a convenient location across the interstate from a shopping and restaurant center.

The hotel does not provide a breakfast but residents can purchase breakfast if they like or purchase individual items. The rooms are more like studio apartments with a large desk, double size bed, chair, kitchen and bathroom. For someone staying a week, this would be perfect to minimize the need to eat out all the time.

The best part of the room was the chair. I am a avid reader and loved leaning back in a comfortable chair to read made my evening.

The hotel room is comfortable and I would highly recommend this place for those who aren't dependent of being pampered.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Frankfort, IN
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a pet friendly motel for our overnight stop on the way to Florida. I almost always stay at Holiday Inns because I like the quality & price. Candlewood Suites is part of the IHG chain. We were not disappointed in the quality of the room. The lobby is not as fancy, but the staff very friendly & accommodating. We will stay here again on the way home!

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank jenjen1955
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at the cost of the room compared to the amenities at this property. There was a full size frig, dishwasher, 2 burner stove, microwave. Dishes, pots/pans, flatware and glasses. The room was clean and very roomy. FREE WIRELESS INTERNET! There was a fitness room, food pantry and guest laundry in the common area. I will definitely stay here when I'm in Huntsville again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jojoterry
Asheville, NC
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed at Candlewood because it was the nicest hotel in the area that accepted pets. I was surprised to see that the room quality was very similar to that of a Spring Hill and not much different than an Embassy (no piano, restaurant, or atrium). However, the price was significantly less for there is no daily maid service, free breakfast, or downtown location. If you dont miss those amenities, this hotel is worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank S M
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Candlewood Suites and had the very best experience. Audrey checked us in and was still on duty the next morning when we checked out. She went that "extra mile" to make sure we had everything we needed.We were given two complimentary drinks and extra pillows. I didn't see the USA Today which is sometimes available in the lobby. Audrey stated that they are in the Candlewood Cupboard on top of the table. Later, she asked if I found it. When we were checking out, she asked,"How was your stay?" Usually, no one ever bothers to ask us that question. We were also given a choice of which floor we would like to be on. We like the top floors because sometimes people stomp their feet waking us up early in the morning.We stayed in room 317 which was immaculately clean. Bedding was very comfortable. A/C worked extremely well. We like to stay at hotels where there is a refrigerator and microwave. This hotel has a full sized refrigerator which allows us to bring "take home" food from the restaurants. The complimentary coffee in the Cupboard is always nice to have. We have stayed at this hotel before, but that was a long time ago. It is still the best stop in Huntsville. So many restaurants and shops to choose from in the immediate area. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Stay on one of the lower floors because on the third floor you get to hear all the planes leaving fi...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaryannF650
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We got a friendly welcome from Sharon upon our arrival. Since this was our first stay at this type of facility, she explained all of the amenities available and told us that someone would be available 24 hours if we needed anything. Our room was great, very clean, nice kitchen facilities, linens, etc. No pool or free breakfast, but we didn't miss them. We will definitely plan to stay at a Candlewood Suites during our future travels.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pawilds
Las Cruces, NM
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Room was clean! Liked VCR and DVD player in room. Actually took a couple of DVD's with me to watch, so I can't comment on their lending library. Bed was comfortable. No housekeeping would have been a pain if I had stayed more than 2 nights. In Hotel mini-mart was well stocked, good selection, and reasonable prices.

My major complaint was Ice! The refrigerator in the room had an ice maker, but it was shut off when I arrived, and I couldn't find an ice machine. Since this was a small refrigerator, it only made about a glass of ice at a time. So, first night, suffered with luke warm beverages. Also, with the refrigerator less than 20 feet from the bed, everytime the ice maker cycled it would rudely wake you up. Ended up turning it off over night. Also, the refrigerator was noisy!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business