Candlewood Suites Huntsville
US$139
US$101
US$253
US$185
All reviewspantry roomevery weekfull kitchenhotel entrancecleaning servicekitchen arearoom was cleanlarge bathroomchecking outenjoyed my stayliving roomuniversity drivebridge streetspace centerconvenient locationrachelmall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Huntsville for work. The hotel was nice and the employees were friendly.
But, there was a large black hair under the top cover of the bed. A hair or two seems to be the average these days, so that’s what I’ll give for the overall rating.
Other than the hair, it was a nice hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Mike E,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. It was nice to hear that you like our hotel and friendly staff. Our goal is to provide superior customer service and a unique stay to all of our guests. We are sorry that the cleanliness of the bed did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be addressed with the appropriate department to ensure we are providing the best stay for guests at all times. We hope that you will consider giving us another chance in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I was traveling with a group of 10 teenage Student Ambassadors and our accommodations for the night in Huntsville fell through. One of our stops on this trip was to the Space and Rocket Center - and while there, I looked online for availability at some local hotels. The Candlewood turned out to be very close, and because I needed a few rooms, we were directed to the sales manager, Lisa. Lisa helped me work out rooms to get the group in at a reasonable price, which was a life-saver! For the price that we were quoted, I honestly expected a 'dive' - but could not have been more wrong! The desk staff was wonderful during the visit - welcoming and congenial to me and the kids! The rooms were spacious and clean - the only thing keeping it from looking 'perfect' being a well-worn recliner in the room. The bed was the most comfortable that I have slept on in many recent hotel stays. There was a kitchen and a large desk space, and a well-stocked 'store' near the lobby. I highly recommend this location, and plan to use it again!

Room Tip: The hotel had air mattresses to help accommodate the number of kids that I had traveling with me, which was nice!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This was the first time that I had stayed in this type of hotel so I was not sure what to expect. I normally stay at Holiday Inn Express locations. The hotel is in a convenient location across the interstate from a shopping and restaurant center.

The hotel does not provide a breakfast but residents can purchase breakfast if they like or purchase individual items. The rooms are more like studio apartments with a large desk, double size bed, chair, kitchen and bathroom. For someone staying a week, this would be perfect to minimize the need to eat out all the time.

The best part of the room was the chair. I am a avid reader and loved leaning back in a comfortable chair to read made my evening.

The hotel room is comfortable and I would highly recommend this place for those who aren't dependent of being pampered.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a pet friendly motel for our overnight stop on the way to Florida. I almost always stay at Holiday Inns because I like the quality & price. Candlewood Suites is part of the IHG chain. We were not disappointed in the quality of the room. The lobby is not as fancy, but the staff very friendly & accommodating. We will stay here again on the way home!

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank jenjen1955
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at the cost of the room compared to the amenities at this property. There was a full size frig, dishwasher, 2 burner stove, microwave. Dishes, pots/pans, flatware and glasses. The room was clean and very roomy. FREE WIRELESS INTERNET! There was a fitness room, food pantry and guest laundry in the common area. I will definitely stay here when I'm in Huntsville again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business