“Concern turned to Happyness” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Candlewood Suites Huntsville
Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Smithfield, VA
“Concern turned to Happyness”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I gotta tell you, I was concerned about a couple of things from my reservation experience, but it all worked out perfectly thanks to Manager Heather - She turned my frown into a smile that lasted my entire stay. She was totally pleasant and helped me get just the suite I needed for a meeting with a new Rep. Thanks so much, I'll see you again, for sure.

je

Room Tip: Look for Heather!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jethehokie
Heather S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
It was my pleasure to help you. I am glad that we were able to turn it all around.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cary, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I had my reservations about this hotel when my travel coordinator booked me into it and I was not mistaken. Not a complete and utter dump but close. I didn't really want to touch anything after seeing the state of the "comfy" clapped out leather chair in my bedroom. To be fair the staff were decent if somewhat indifferent. The store is interesting works on the honor system but other than a banana no healthy food options and I had no real breakfast options other than some really bad cereal. Thank goodness I was able to move to a Hampton In the next day. You get what you pay for for I am not going to rip this place it was you know just low quality. Note the beds suck if my bed was anything to go by.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert B
Heather S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I am surprise to hear that your accommodations were not at all suitable to you. We strive to provide a great hotel and great service to all of our guests. I do agree that our recliner is a bit worn and we are actually going to be replacing them this year. My apologies that you did not notice all the choices we have in our store, we offer bananas, apples and oranges. As well as yogurt, fat free milk, and low calorie breakfast sandwiches just to name a few of the options.

Thank you for taking time to share your comments and I do hope that you give us a try again one day.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I had arrived late in the evening & had a confirmation e-mail from the company I was working for- they had already taken care of the bill for the room for 8nights, 9 days. I got there & Ms. Rachel said that it was a confirmation to 'hold' the room but had not been paid when my confirmation did not say that. She said she needed a copy of the card & an authorization form- I called my boss- had him on the phone at 11pm at night to get this taken care of. I explained to him what she needed & he didn't understand so I offered her to speak to him on my phone since he was already on the line- she said no he needed to call her & she proceeded to the guest behind me as if we were completely through. The phone number was not readily available as I looked around I didn't see it so I asked her for the number & she rudely told me it was on a card behind me. My boss on the phone was more offended than I was. He called & spoke to the gentleman she had been training who came in for shift change. When he got through there was an exchange of them sending him the forms that he needed to check me into my room. He filled the forms they sent him & an hour later I was still waiting because they said they never got the replied e-mail. He sent it 4 different times & called them 4 different times- in this exchange while I was waiting for an hour they called their boss & complained about the situation in front of me!!! There were a lot of guest that came in that hour- 1 of which had checked into a room & there were people already asleep in the bed there!!!! They had given him someone else's key!!! When they finally got the e-mail they said it wasn't the right information that they needed yet they said they sent him everything that they needed. They told him they needed a pic or copy of the actual card to pay for the room this time- they finally called their manager again & the okay was sent through finally at 12:40am- 1 hour & 40minutes later of me sitting in the lobby for this room to be paid for in full for 9 days. Because of the poor way this was handled my boss had me check out immediately the next day & you lost out on the other 7 nights & 8 days. I will not ever stay in another Candlewood Suites again & travel at least 6 times per year across the country. I am a restaurant manager & know guest services & this was the worst I have ever dealt with- my boss encouraged me to write this review because he was appalled by the poor service there & the fact that Ms. Rachel was training another employee. In total my stay was close to $700 for the week that I stayed somewhere else.

1 Thank Calandria H
Heather S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
I would like to first apologize for you not having a good experience at check-in. I understand that your trip here started off very challenging with the difficulties you had from the airline to renting a car and then checking in at our hotel. I want to ensure you we do try to make each of our guests check in process as easy as possible. Unfortunately, when all the information is not provided to each party it does sometimes become stressful. When utilizing someone else’s credit card we have to be a bit persistent to ensure the security of each person’s credit card is not fraudulent used. I understand that you came in late that night, which is why we offered to utilize your personal credit card until we can get the required documentation from your company.
Either way, at no point should we have made you feel unwelcome at our hotel. I would share this information with my team so that we can all review that when requesting required information they we show some empathy to our guests and more willingness to assist them to get the proper information. I do hope that you give us another opportunity to have a better experience at the hotel.
Canton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Huntsville for work. The hotel was nice and the employees were friendly.
But, there was a large black hair under the top cover of the bed. A hair or two seems to be the average these days, so that’s what I’ll give for the overall rating.
Other than the hair, it was a nice hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Mike E,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. It was nice to hear that you like our hotel and friendly staff. Our goal is to provide superior customer service and a unique stay to all of our guests. We are sorry that the cleanliness of the bed did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be addressed with the appropriate department to ensure we are providing the best stay for guests at all times. We hope that you will consider giving us another chance in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I was traveling with a group of 10 teenage Student Ambassadors and our accommodations for the night in Huntsville fell through. One of our stops on this trip was to the Space and Rocket Center - and while there, I looked online for availability at some local hotels. The Candlewood turned out to be very close, and because I needed a few rooms, we were directed to the sales manager, Lisa. Lisa helped me work out rooms to get the group in at a reasonable price, which was a life-saver! For the price that we were quoted, I honestly expected a 'dive' - but could not have been more wrong! The desk staff was wonderful during the visit - welcoming and congenial to me and the kids! The rooms were spacious and clean - the only thing keeping it from looking 'perfect' being a well-worn recliner in the room. The bed was the most comfortable that I have slept on in many recent hotel stays. There was a kitchen and a large desk space, and a well-stocked 'store' near the lobby. I highly recommend this location, and plan to use it again!

Room Tip: The hotel had air mattresses to help accommodate the number of kids that I had traveling with me, wh...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

This was the first time that I had stayed in this type of hotel so I was not sure what to expect. I normally stay at Holiday Inn Express locations. The hotel is in a convenient location across the interstate from a shopping and restaurant center.

The hotel does not provide a breakfast but residents can purchase breakfast if they like or purchase individual items. The rooms are more like studio apartments with a large desk, double size bed, chair, kitchen and bathroom. For someone staying a week, this would be perfect to minimize the need to eat out all the time.

The best part of the room was the chair. I am a avid reader and loved leaning back in a comfortable chair to read made my evening.

The hotel room is comfortable and I would highly recommend this place for those who aren't dependent of being pampered.

Frankfort, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a pet friendly motel for our overnight stop on the way to Florida. I almost always stay at Holiday Inns because I like the quality & price. Candlewood Suites is part of the IHG chain. We were not disappointed in the quality of the room. The lobby is not as fancy, but the staff very friendly & accommodating. We will stay here again on the way home!

Stayed February 2014