“Good overall, but mixed feelings”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of 1892 East

1892 East
Ranked #21 of 594 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Huntsville, Alabama
“Good overall, but mixed feelings”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Don't let the title fool you, the food was pretty darn good. I had a tenderloin that was cooked to perfection. My wife had a tasty chicken pasta meal. However, with her's it didn't seam like anything special. Still tasty though. The service was speedy and attentive. We went on a Saturday evening around 6 and the crowd wasn't bad at all. Keep in mind though that they have a rotating menu based on what farm fresh and local ingredients they can manage to get their hands on. They also have a nice beer selection including local craft brews. I recommend getting a flight so you can try out multiple ones. The mixed feelings comes into the price per portion. My meal was good, but the portion did not match the price I felt. However my wife's meal was the opposite .

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Nicholas C

Muscle Shoals, Alabama
“Quite Enjoyable...”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Pleasant atmosphere. Food was very good. Loved the tomato soup, also the mashed potatoes. Excellent cocktails. Look forward to going again.

“Conflicted”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I have been to this restaurant multiple times. In terms of the reception, I feel that it is lacking. Now, I am not sensitive when it comes to people's prejudices. But, I cannot think of any other reason as to why, we are not as welcomed as my white counterparts. My husband and I are two professionals, who do not enter a restaurant unless we are impeccably dressed, polite and have always tipped well. Every time that I'm there, I feel very awkward. We may try it one more time. I do like the options they have for vegetarians. If, you are a vegetarian, then you know how difficult it is to eat out and find good variety.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank J M
Huntsville, Alabama
“Best Meals in HSV - Must visit for Residents or Visitors”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is the best restaurant in Huntsville featuring local, fresh produce and meat. The menu is short, but there is something for every taste. Also the Sunday brunch is innovative!
If you are a wine lover, then check out the wine menu. This is the "go to" place we go for all family events ( wihtout small children).
Another plus is that it is located in the Five Points Area of Huntsville so you can just walk around the corner for ice cream at Star Market or shop at the boutiques!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank kateleo54
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great food, fun venue!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stopped to visit some friends who recently moved to Huntsville, AL. This was their first visit to 1892 also. It was a busy Friday night and we did have to wait about half an hour for our table. We sat at the bars. The hostess, bartenders, waitress and management were all very friendly and helpful. We were able to transfer our bar tab to the table. We had seen an appetizer at the bar that looked good so we ordered it…fried green tomatoes with feta on top. Very good. Two of us ordered the beef tenderloin which was very good. I ordered mine medium rare and it was very rare, but I would rather have it underdone than overdone. The other meals were salmon and flounder. Both were good. The scalloped potatoes with our beef were excellent. They have french press coffee which we ordered after dinner and it was excellent. We also split a chocolate bread pudding dessert served with ice cream which was excellent. Out waitress was very smart, friendly, attentive and helpful. I would definitely return if I am ever in Huntsville again!!

• Visited April 2014