“Worthy of going a little out of your way”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #27 of 620 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Description: Huntsville's very first Mellow Mushroom location specializing in Classic Southern Pizza with a truly original, flavorful crust. With a wide variety of hoagies, salads, vegetarian, and vegan options, we offer nearly everything you could be looking for to satisfy your hunger. We are also a premiere stop for the finest craft brews around ranging from local favorites to some of the best in the business.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Having stumbled across a TripAdvisor review in another city, Mellow Mushroom has been on my to do list for awhile. This one is closest to my home in Madison so when we saw the billboard on 72, we decided to pop in. This was our first time in "The Village of Providence" where they bill themselves as a modern neighborhood with traditions of yesterday and I am very impressed. I'd love to live in this community. It reminded me so much of my 3 years living in Germany and I was instantly charmed. But this review is about a pizza joint, so lets talk food. I'm writing this under the influence as we just left the mellow mushroom and I enjoyed both the foreign and domestic selection of beers during our visit. My pint of Pabst Blue Ribbon ran $2.75 while my tasty Heffeweisen was a steep $6. The interior reminds me of an 80's MTV commercial or perhaps a space themed kids hangout which I enjoyed except for a few dirty tables and a booth with a huge rip in the seat. The staff was prompt and professional and the menu had good diversity. I loved my $6 steak and cheese hoagie and my wife enjoyed her $6 vegetarian "Tempeh" hoagie. The kids had no complaint about their Large Mighty Meaty Pizza though I blinked hard at the $25 price tag. With a total of $55 after tax, I found the price to be overall fair for a unique experience. If you've never been I recommend it to travelers and locals alike. I'm considering a return to try more beers and something different from the menu.

2  Thank kkibby43

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

First ran into mellow mushroom in Knoxville tn. Was so happy that we finally got some in ala. I try to stop when I am in Huntsville and craving pizza. Great menu of traditional and non traditional toppings. Really like the veggie specialty pizzas with the pesto base. If you like pizza this is the place for you. Great service, great atmosphere , excellent servers. Just don't expect fast, each pizza is handmade to order and pizza this good takes time. So, order the olive tapenade cheese bread while you wait and you will forget about the wait.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Great draft craft brew selection, but food did not meet normal standard and not worth price. Wings were not, as written up, extra crispy, though Jerk sauce was good. Mellowterranean pizza had far too few veggies and was mostly cheese and crust -- again, did not meet expectation raised by menu write-up. I like the feel and vibe in MellowMushroom, but sometimes the staff is too into enjoying themselves.

1  Thank Umfrid
MellowNick, Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Hi, I wanted to personally apologize for your most recent visit to our Providence location. I'm very sorry for the lack of consistency displayed by both our staff and our product. I hope in the future we will be able to provide you with a better experience more reflective of ourselves and our company.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Like most Mello Mushrooms food is pricey, quality is varies from day and shift. Staff varies sometimes very friendly, to other times it seems as no ones cares. Parking can be difficult at times. There are better pizzas in town.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Good food fast service but expensive. i spent less at ruth criss steakhouse for two adults and one child