“The Mell is the best!”

Ranked #26 of 601 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Description: Huntsville's very first Mellow Mushroom location specializing in Classic Southern Pizza with a truly original, flavorful crust. With a wide variety of hoagies, salads, vegetarian, and vegan options, we offer nearly everything you could be looking for to satisfy your hunger. We are also a premiere stop for the finest craft brews around ranging from local favorites to some of the best in the business.
“The Mell is the best!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Great beverage selection, super pizza, and fantastic service. Prices are reasonable. Need I say more?

Darlington, Wisconsin
“Outstanding meal and service”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had the Bleu Bayou pizza. It Has shrimp and andouille (sp?) sausage...very good. Will definitely be going back.

• Visited May 2014
Surprise, Arizona
“Friendly”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just in town visiting and we went to the bar for Happy Hour. The lady bartender was fantastic with her suggestions and very friendly! I can see why it is a busy watering hole for the locals!!

• Visited February 2014
Madison, Alabama
“Worthy of going a little out of your way”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Having stumbled across a TripAdvisor review in another city, Mellow Mushroom has been on my to do list for awhile. This one is closest to my home in Madison so when we saw the billboard on 72, we decided to pop in. This was our first time in "The Village of Providence" where they bill themselves as a modern neighborhood with traditions of yesterday and I am very impressed. I'd love to live in this community. It reminded me so much of my 3 years living in Germany and I was instantly charmed. But this review is about a pizza joint, so lets talk food. I'm writing this under the influence as we just left the mellow mushroom and I enjoyed both the foreign and domestic selection of beers during our visit. My pint of Pabst Blue Ribbon ran $2.75 while my tasty Heffeweisen was a steep $6. The interior reminds me of an 80's MTV commercial or perhaps a space themed kids hangout which I enjoyed except for a few dirty tables and a booth with a huge rip in the seat. The staff was prompt and professional and the menu had good diversity. I loved my $6 steak and cheese hoagie and my wife enjoyed her $6 vegetarian "Tempeh" hoagie. The kids had no complaint about their Large Mighty Meaty Pizza though I blinked hard at the $25 price tag. With a total of $55 after tax, I found the price to be overall fair for a unique experience. If you've never been I recommend it to travelers and locals alike. I'm considering a return to try more beers and something different from the menu.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank kkibby43
“Best pizza ever”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

First ran into mellow mushroom in Knoxville tn. Was so happy that we finally got some in ala. I try to stop when I am in Huntsville and craving pizza. Great menu of traditional and non traditional toppings. Really like the veggie specialty pizzas with the pesto base. If you like pizza this is the place for you. Great service, great atmosphere , excellent servers. Just don't expect fast, each pizza is handmade to order and pizza this good takes time. So, order the olive tapenade cheese bread while you wait and you will forget about the wait.