“Great Place for Kids and Kids at Heart”

Harmony Park Safari
Ranked #4 of 69 things to do in Huntsville
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Visiting Huntsville usually means NASA and Space museum. After visiting this safari park, we can add jungle and animals to our visits. Great concept with a drive through zoo type experience. The animals really expect the treats so they try to stick their heads through the half open car windows. The proximity of the animals as they come up to the car window will surely put a smile on everyone's face. There will also be a lot of photo ops.

This is definitely worth the $8 adult admission. Very young kids and even toddlers will laugh and enjoy the animals as the come to the car looking for treats. You can get treats at the entrance for $1cup or $5 per bucket. The drive takes about 40mins and there is a reptile exhibit at the end. The turtle and reptile exhibit is also well done and you walk around with the turtles and the reptiles and alligators are in fenced areas.

4  Thank TomM_Milw
There are newer reviews for Harmony Park Safari

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We love this place and have returned several times over the years; my teenagers still enjoy it. It is not in the same class as the old Lion Country Safari or the San Diego Wild Animal Park, but this is a different (and inexpensive) experience. You drive your car through a small winding area (and you can go around as many times as you like. You get a bucket of corn and plastic cups to feed the animals from within your car, and you are immediately overwhelmed with animals swarming the car. The main thing here is the interaction with the animals; it is so much fun! I had a zebra sneeze in my face once – it may have been rather disgusting at the time – but it is a story that always gets our family laughing. Staring at the knees of giraffes and tall ostriches, having a buffalo stick its head inside our car, and trying to hang on to our cups while emus rapidly thrust their heads inside the car and peck at the cups is fun every time! You can see baby emus, alpaca, baby deer, a camel, black bellied pigs, alligators (fenced in), a very friendly pony, and you can get out of your car to visit the small reptile house (where you can see baby alligators, snakes, a Komodo Dragon, and more). Also, at the entrance, check out the stone eagles from the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (1925-1965).

7  Thank SusanzM
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I took my best friend and her daughter to this attraction. I am fairly new to Huntsville myself. But, my co-workers told me about this place. Its an interesting park in that the wild animals just walk up to your car expecting treats. You can take great up-close pics of the animals. The place is a drive through park and you can also get out to enjoy a walk in other areas of the park. They give you a document that tells you NOT to feed the animals out of your hand (although I saw other cars of people doing this...crazy). We were overwhelmed (at first) the wild buffalo, goats, birds, etc would just walk up to your car and expect food. It was a funny experience and we got some great laughs. However, it is out in the middle of nowhere in Huntsville (shoot, I didn't even think we were still in Huntsville).

3  Thank Angel1908
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Just got back from this place with a friend of mine--it was so much fun! In the drive through part there are mostly deer with a few goats and some exotic cattle and a zebra. The price is incredibly reasonable! I definitely recommend buying the bucket of food as opposed to the cup since you'll regret if you run out of food! The reptile house, the tortoise trail...everything! It was just so much fun. We went without kids and still had a blast! Don't wear your favorite shoes (the tortoise trail is MUDDY!) and definitely be prepared to wash your car when you're through but over all it was an amazing little place! I can't wait to go back.

2  Thank Amanda S
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This place is a blast! My sons and husband had so much fun feeding the animals. The animals are not enclosed and we drive around in the car feeding the animals. My husband has a great picture of me feeding a yak and he feed the zebra. They have a giraffe and be sure to visit the reptile shelter as well as feeding the turtles. I think my boys had more fun feeding the turtles and scaring me with the snakes than anything else.

2  Thank saustin

Been to Harmony Park Safari? Share your experiences!