“Great fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 69 things to do in Huntsville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We went to Harmony Park Safari not knowing what to expect but not expecting much! Not only were we pleasantly surprised we had a blast. You drive your car through the park and give a variety of animals treats, which they anticipate with great fervor. Laughed so hard as emus, deer, goats, zebra, horses, llamas and more came to our windows to eat the bucket of "treats" we purchased. The emus were pretty aggressive which I found hysterical as they pushed their long necks into my window looking for food! Especially enjoyed feeding the zebra and ponies who ate out of my hand.

No, this is not a sophisticated operation but if you are in Huntsville and like animals, this is not to be missed. And so cheap. Cost less than $40 for our family of 4 including a large bucket of treats.

Definitely recommend.

PS. Don't bring your dog with you no matter how small. You will turned away. We drive back home and put our dog up and returned and quickly understood why there is a no pet policy.

Visited June 2014
9 Thank Tricia W

Athens, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I took my 6 year old son here & he absolutely loved it...as did I. We've been to zoos before but we enjoyed this so much more. It's very cool being able to touch & feed the animals. The baby deer were precious. My son loved seeing & being able to touch the tortoises & I loved the zebras. It's well worth the price of admission ($8 per person). We'll definitely go back again.

4 Thank LesslieS
Nashville, Tennessee
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“So-So but with promise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Well! They claim to be the Top attraction in Huntsville and even have a sign stating so as you enter the park. I found this to be hilarious, as if people came to Huntsville to see this remote and hard to locate farm, instead of the attractions having to do with " ROCKET CITY”. Otherwise the attraction was interesting. The animals can be quite aggressive and the paperwork states this as you enter the park and sign the release form. The animals will come to the window of our vehicle anyway so passing on the food bucket may be a better idea than the experience we had with the food bucket mess inside the SUV. It was nice to see the zebra, buffalo and other wild animals up close. It would be really nice if signage from Memorial parkway were better directed to the location. They can only accept cash for payment and there are no ATM's located within 10 miles.

5 Thank WJB12311
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Affordable Family Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My grandson and I spent great afternoon at Harmony Park Safari. For less than 20.00 we drove through the park, fed animals that we would normally not get to see. There were also animals that we could walk to see. The park seemed well kept and the staff was polite. We will definitely go back.

2 Thank Mary Beth P
Huntsville, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Well worth the price for a very unique experience. Make sure you purchase the bucket of food for $5. The animals literally swarm your car as you drive through the park- our 2 yr old loved every minute of it! *cash only*

9 Thank Matt K

Been to Harmony Park Safari? Share your experiences!