“Food service was disappointing.”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
“Food service was disappointing.”
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Friendly front desk. Donna was very nice! Tony and Amy are Assets! The food service is below acceptable. Poor food quality--dirty dishes on the buffet, and poor service. This was not an isolated occurrence. Maid service is not consistent. Thank you Tony for listening to my experience and acknowledging.

• Stayed June 2013
Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Good Day Satchison - I first would like to apologize on behalf of the entire hotel. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional service and when we fail it is a huge disappointment. Please rests assure your comments will be used as a training tool for our staff.

What I was happy about is that you meet several of our outstanding associates! Tony, Amy and Donna have been sent your kind review of their service to you.

We hope that you will allow us another chance in the furture to show you what we are truly about.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Montgomery, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Everything was great at the doubletree. I really enjoyed myself. Bed was clean and comfy. The nicest bathroom I have seen in a hotel room. Staff was helpful. Nice little lounge areas. Room service. It's worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Ms. Lacey A.! We thank you for your wonderful review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you back with us!
Madison, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The hotel was immaculate, stylish and decorated in the most fashionable way. The bed linen choices where stylish and the most comfortable things I have ever slept on. I could have stayed there a while. I will be using this hotel again very soon.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ms. Darlene...We appreciate the great comments! It hit every aspect of our hotel that seperates us from all of the other hotels in Huntsville. Our eclectic and contemporary style provides a feel of the big city but our service exudes smal town southern hospitality!

We can wait to have you back! See you soon!
San Ramon, California
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Great stay , enjoyed the city. The bed was the softest I ever slept in. Very cozy clean room. Restaurant food was delicious, Coffee tasted very good. Check in staff was very helpful and courteous. The location was very convenient to the business place I was visiting and also the Space museum is nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your kind words! We are pleased that we could provide an atmosphere of relaxation during your business trip.

We hope to see you back real soon!
Saginaw, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Perfect, perfect, perfect!!! Everything about this hotel was amazing, the appearance was breath taking, the rooms were gorgeous and roomy. Specifically I loved the sleeping area separation. This was the best DoubleTree hotel that I have stayed at, and I have stayed at many, as DoubleTree is my hotel of choice. This is also the first DoubleTree I have stayed at that did not have smoking rooms, which was sort of a minus but the appearance, amenities and staff superseded the smoking.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ms. Ayana T. your review along with your stay was stated correctly it was simply perfect! Your wonderful comments once again solidify why we are in this business. The staff works hard each day to ensure our guest have a memoriable experience with us and from your words we did!

Thank you for allowing us to serve you! We hope to see you in the future!
Tamarac, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My daughter and I always return to the DoubleTree whenever we visit Huntsville, usually at least once a month. The entire staff of the DoubleTree makes us feel like we are returning home to family. Stay here, you will never want to leave.

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I had called here for the first time wanting to book a room for my sons bday, well when I asked the lady about the rooms, as i was literally in the middle of asking a question she told her friend to hol on like she was annoyed with me, then she asked if i could wait, i was like i am done then she started talking back to her friend on her im assuming personal phone. Rude and she shouldn't probably be working there. Now I don't want to even stay there.

1 Thank Amanda F
Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Ms. Amanda F., let me first apologize on behalf of the property. Your interaction with our front desk staff member was inappropriate, but by no means common practice. As you can see from our previous guest reviews, we value our guests and consistently provide expceptional service to each and everyone. I will ensure each front desk associate reads your review and understands the importance of great hospitality. I hope you accept our apology and give us another opportunity regain your confidence in the DoubleTree Suites Huntsville-South.