“Save your money for another hotel you will be glad you did”

Days Inn & Suites Huntsville
Ranked #36 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Huntsville, Alabama
“Save your money for another hotel you will be glad you did”
Reviewed 1 September 2010

We come and stay in Huntsville when we would like to go out and not drive home so we know a few. There are other hotels here in the city for the same price or even less with much better quality in the rooms. I was shocked that the bed was hard as a brick (king room), old and dirty underneath with pee and blood stains. The mattress had to be at least 10 years+. The room was very bad smelling and the hotel overall stinks of old dirt. We actually coughed on the way in the room as it smelled of ruined milk mixed with old damp stink. The towels had holes in them. The hotel staff is less than professional and seem to be living here in the hotel because you can smell them cooking all day. Stinks, outdated and overpriced is the bottom line--do not let their photos and inflated details fool you

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AOK29
Vinod P, Front Office Manager at Days Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear AOK29,

We would like to apologize for the unsatisfying and unpleasant experience you had at our hotel. Thank you so much for giving us your honest feedbacks regarding our hotel. Because of the honest customers like you we get motivated to do better in future. Happy Holidays!!

Front Desk Manager,
DayssInn & Suites.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 30 March 2010

I did not stay here, but I booked 4 rooms for relative in town for a funeral. I spoke with, who I assumed was the manager and told them I needed to reserve rooms for relative coming into town for a funeral. Problem was, two of them were delayed by an unknown amount due to weather out west. They not only held my reservation, they told me not to worry about a thing, that they would make sure my two uncles had rooms waiting. Impressive enough, but considering the hotels in the area were booked solid due to the NIT being in town, it was way beyond what most would due. I asked my relatives about their stay and they all said it was pleasant. The rooms were clean, and in a safe area and thought the breakfast was good. Could not beat the price. Would recommend to friends and family looking for an affordable place to stay.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank shipley00
Vinod P, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Dear guest,
I'd like to thank you for spending the time for writing a review for our property, as your review helps our staff and future guest know what it is like to stay at our location. Once again, thank you for the review, and our staff looks forward to having you here in the future, at DaysInn&Suites Huntsville, Alabama.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 March 2009

The non smoking room smelled horrible. The bed sheets were dirty and the free breaksfast selection didn't have the basics that other hotels offer.

Select another hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I would like to apologize that your stay at our property was anything less than satisfying. we are hoping that we get another opportunityto serve you, as our houskeeping staff has improved their excellent work in keeping all of our rooms in excellent conditions. Again, i am sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected

Travellers are raving about these Huntsville hotels

Alabama
Reviewed 6 November 2007

We reserved one of the suites with a whirlpool. The room had one of the worst smells ever! Lucky I had air freshener with me, it didn't get rid of it, but at least it masked it a little. The guy at the front desk did not speak hardly any English and communicating with him was about impossible or I would of asked to switch rooms, not that the others would of been any better, the smell was in the hallways as well. I asked for an extra blanket, at first he said something I couldn't understand, then he went into another room and pulled it off of a bed. Do NOT book a room here! You've been warned!

• Liked — Only good thing was it was close to the mall, but you couldn't pay me to stay there again, and I've never wrote a bad review about a hotel before.
  • Disliked — The smell!
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blueyezone
Vinod P, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 11 October 2011
Dear guest,
Days Inn & Suites at Huntsville, AL is under new management since your last visit with us. Our team at Days Inn would like to welcome you back to stay with us at your next Huntsville trip. We hope you will come back and visit us to see the improvements that we have made to the property. We would greatly appreciate your business and hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you again.
mellowcello
Reviewed 3 August 2007

We would come back to the hotel room around 4pm, and the cleaning staff would have taken towels, sheets, soap, but would not replace anything. I had to go find towels and soap from the desk for three days in a row! The best was when I forgot to check until I actually got in the shower. When I complained to the front desk after the third day, the woman was rude and unsympathetic. Breakfast didn't start until 6:15 or 6:30 somedays....

Rips in the carpet, beds are uncomfortable....

• Stayed July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mellowcello
Southern Cal
Reviewed 21 July 2006

Man, where to start? Dirty walls, stinky room, (it'll take a week to get that old hotel room funk out of my nose), towels falling apart and haven't seen a bounce sheet since the Carter administration. Graffitti on the nightstand, blankets nothing but a mass of pills, really gross to touch. Ceiling fan is installed, but there's no switch to turn it on, and the A/C is loud enough to keep you awake. The windows don't open, so no chance of getting any fresh air.

they do offer free high speed access though, so you can at least rip them for free while you're drinking the swill they pass off as in room coffee.

I wouldn't be surprised if I got bit by bedbugs last night. There are several hotels very close by that are not disgusting. Try the best western across the street, I stayed there last time, and will stay there next time. There's also a Marriott about 50 yards away that might be worth the extra bucks.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — run away!
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank mgershenson