“Small but fun”

Sci-Quest Hands-on Science Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Opening its doors to the public in May 1999, the Science Center inspires curiosity and connects science to everyday life through hands-on fun for all ages with a wide variety of hands-on exhibits and experiences. Whether you want to predict the local forecast on a real TV weather station and green screen or take a wild trip through the human body with Grossology, Sci-Quest has something for everyone!
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My kids love going to SciQuest. It's not a big children's museum. Make sure you check out their website to see if they have specials things going on!

2  Thank BamaPilotHSV

Reviewed 15 April 2012

didn't feel very 'scientific' but the kids always enjoy visiting and playing here

1  Thank mom2four1966
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Lots of hands on activities for the kids of all ages. New exibits periodically. Kids learn lots of things without realizing it. Each on of these kids museums are different. Also recommend Birmingham and Nashville kids museums.

1  Thank travl-w-kids-2
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I went my wife and our almost 2 year old toddler... He loved the "Under 7" house, with it's blocks and musical instrument buttons to push. He also LOVED the "Earthquake" bench, that shakes you back and forth. I had fun looking around too, but this is definitely a place for kids. There's a really neat exhibit called "Grossology" there right now that explains our bodily functions in kids' language. There's also exhibits on Light, Sound, Electricity, and a Weather Lab. Labels of all exhibits are bright and in large type. Some updating is needed, but they need the visitors to support them financially... It's sort of "hidden" on the campus of Calhoun Community College, but it's only 1 mile from the Space Center, on the north (other) side of I-565. 102 Wynn Drive. There is more for a young child to do here than there is at the Space Center, as far as hands-on stuff goes.

1  Thank airzoojosh