“Great for kids of all ages.”

Sci-Quest Hands-on Science Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Opening its doors to the public in May 1999, the Science Center inspires curiosity and connects science to everyday life through hands-on fun for all ages with a wide variety of hands-on exhibits and experiences. Whether you want to predict the local forecast on a real TV weather station and green screen or take a wild trip through the human body with Grossology, Sci-Quest has something for everyone!
Reviewed 10 October 2009

I took my nephews to Sci-Quest (aka North Alabama Science Center) last time they came to visit. They are all boys...ages 4, 6 and 8. Everyone (including me and husband) had a great time. There was a good variety of hands-on exhibits....including a small house inside that was filled with preschool age activities (ball pit, blocks, kitchen,etc.). My nephews particularly enjoyed the Grossology section which was about B.O., farting, vomitting, etc. There also some exhibits that were higher level...more for high school kids or adults. We spent about 2.5 hours in Sci-Quest. Bathrooms were very clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. Admission is very affordable (esp compared to Space and Rocket....which other than looking at the rockets and riding the few rides, my nephew didn't enjoy as much). There was an area with tables so you can bring your own lunch, but other than vending machines, there is no place to eat in Sci-Quest. Also, there was construction in the parking lot, which was a little annoying. Overall we had a good time, and plan to go back next time they are in town.

3  Thank WICTMAlabama

Reviewed 8 October 2009

We had a great time. There was plenty of time for our 4yo, 7yo, and 9yo to do. It was clean and the exhibits are lots of fun and very interactive. There is easily 2 hours or more of exibits to check out.

We visted from out of town and used our ATSC membership from a museum in our hometown to gain free admission for this trip.

1  Thank dmanwi
Reviewed 15 July 2009

We were a little worried when we saw that Sci-Quest was located in a non-descript building at a community college, but there was no need for concern. The exhibits were engaging, fun, and educational. Our young kids had a great time.

1  Thank PCFamily
Reviewed 10 June 2009

We took our 2 year old granddaughter. This is a very child friendily museum. Can be educational for older children. We will return to visit.

1  Thank elected
Reviewed 8 August 2007

We visited Sci-quest and, I must say, at first, I was not impressed. It looked like a big open shopping center. My opinion soon changed as we explored many hands on scientific exhibits with our daughter. Our favorite things were the Earthquake simulator, the gross out section (explaining various body functions, like burping) and the huge bubbles. Other areas of exploration include sound, light and motion. Save $$ by going to the Hunstville Visitor Center and getting a 20% off coupon for admission. We didn't do the interactive theater, so I can't comment on that. Overall, we were pleased.

1  Thank Angela W