“Don't bother”

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Don't bother”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

The only thing redeemable about this museum was a temporary exhibit of early 1900's black and white photographs. They didn't have a museum brochure available when we purchased our tickets, which I found strange. I asked if they were just out of them, but the girl at the counter replied "No, we just don't have them. We never have."

A major portion of the museum was closed off to the public because they were changing out an exhibit. I felt that we should have been informed of this before we bought our tickets. I wanted to see actual paintings, but instead had to settle for a few photos, 10 gaudy silver animals that were donated to the museum by some local dowager, and a handful of I Dream of Jeanie psychedelic glassware.

Worst museum I have ever been to, and that includes a museum in Mexico where everything was just computer print-outs pasted to the wall.

Visited January 2012

Huntsville, Alabama
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“beautiful museum, lovely location”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I have not been in a while, but it is very nice, great place for events and their traveling exhibits are always first rate, just made some nice changes but I have not seen them first hand

Madison, Georgia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“great place.”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

there is such a variety of art. my favorites are the silver animals. a must see

Visited December 2011
1 Thank woop9p
Madison, Alabama
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Beautiful Building and Expeditions”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The museum was expanded not long ago thanks to many generous contributions. The Tiffany Windows exhibit and Herb Ritts photos and videos were the primary visiting exhibits and both were exceptional. The museum also has a section for hands on activities for children. A good hour or two to a planned visit to the Huntsville area.

Visited November 2011
London, England
179 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 267 helpful votes
“Excellent displays”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

A return visit and not disappointed.
The display of Silver Menagerie was worth the entry fee alone.
Didn't pay last year as it was a Sunday.

Visited October 2011