“One of the best museums we've seen!”

Huntsville Museum of Art
Ranked #17 of 74 things to do in Huntsville
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Cannot say enough positive things about this beautiful museum. The various artists' works are unlike any we've seen. The had an exhibition of contemporary southern art called "The Red Clay Survey" which was extraordinary. Had lunch at the restaurant there called Pan E Vino. Ordered a 12" Van Gogh Pizza and was one of the best pizzas we've ever eaten! Had cannolli's for dessert and they were delicious! A wonderful lunch. Afterwards, we sat by the nearby lake and watch the ducks. Please don't miss going to this museum!

1  Thank EdmarSarasota

Reviewed 17 June 2012

A lovely little art museum. The exhibits change just frequently enough. Great display space. Love it.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

I took my daughter (11), her friend and great-grandma to the HMOA today. What a great time we all had! First, MILITARY GET IN FREE this summer until Labor Day! :) There were 4+ exhibits, and all were comprised of various mediums, subjects and a wide range of artists. There was an educational exhibit on the history of art, and then an interactive children's art room which was cool! Be sure to go through the "orientation room" and then to the left or you'll miss a bunch. Staff was friendly, not snobby. And afterwards there is the large park, pond, ducks and a fabulous little pizzeria (Pane e Vino) tucked beside it. Lovely afternoon

1  Thank Brenna B
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This is a smaller museum of art, so of course, it would be unreasonable to expect a huge array of famous artists being displayed. My issue was more with the personnel. My friend and I were basically stalked by a security person throughout our visit. We are both professional working women and were dressed in business attire. We are not shady looking characters, so it was a bit strange to be followed like we were. It made for an awkward viewing experience, and I have not returned. I will say that the art that I saw that day was local and interesting.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

The Huntsville Museum of Art sits along the shore of Big Spring Park and houses over 2,500 wonderful pieces of art in the permanent collection, plus offers seasonal rotating exhibits each year. The facilities are lovely, the setting gorgeous. Whether visiting our area or a full time resident, The Huntsville Museum of Art has something for everyone. Eat in the lower level restaurant Pane Vino for a real treat after your tour.