“not a bad place to spend few hours”

Huntsville Museum of Art
Ranked #17 of 74 things to do in Huntsville
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have carried my children there for school projects and they have some really interesting displays.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We enjoyed the collection of glass art. If you are looking for a quiet place to spend an hour or two admiring things that are pretty, this is the place.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

This art museum had such an eclectic collection from Romanticism to the world's largest sterling silver sculptures of various animals to blown glass art collections, photography from locals & a youth art exhibit displaying from all ages in school. It was really great- especially the walk through time with the different expressionist known through history. I was very pleased I went.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Good medium sized art museum, focusing on local and modern art, with a nice retrospective of the history of art. I especially liked the glass art, and the wonderful silver animals! Wish there was a little food court, or refreshment area. Also, several areas are not open, and an expansion would be great.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I had to go to this museum as part of an assignment for an art history class. I have been to museums all over the country, but this one was a real letdown. Luckily, the day we went was a free day, otherwise, I would have been really upset. One entire section of the museum was closed to the public. The few sections we were able to explore were sad. The silver animals were unique but not really noteworthy. The glass exhibits were mediocre. I actually saw better glasswork in the lobby of the Bellagio in Las Vegas. The only paintings were those of a relatively new abstract artist. There were no pieces from the Impressionist or Renaissance eras, no Middle Eastern artifacts, nothing Egyptian, nothing from any of the Asia-Pacific eras, and no South or Central American works. The most interesting part of the museum was the reproductions. I won't visit this museum again until dramatic improvements are made to the exhibits.