“Good Fajitas”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
North Alabama
“Good Fajitas”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My family and I eat here often and we like this place. My favorite is fajitas and El Olmeca has a wider variety than most other Mexican place I have been too. In addition to the regular chicken, steak and/or shrimp fajitas they have a few others with different ingredients and spices. I like the Fajita Durango and the Fajita Jalisco. There are a couple of others that sound good but I haven't tried yet.

While this is not a high priced or fancy restaurant, it serves good food and the prices are reasonable, especially the lunch specials.

• Visited May 2014

“Overpriced and underdelivered. Find another place.”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stopped in about 1pm after a baseball game in the area to eat lunch. There were 4 other families there and that was it. It took us over an hour to get food and about 15 minutes for drinks. The food was almost unrecognizable as Mexican food and was extremely overpriced. Trust me, there are many other Mexican restaurants in the area that are miles above this one. We usually give every place at least two chances but we won't be going back a second time to this one.

• Visited August 2013
Madison, Alabama
“Good food, slow service”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is the second time I have eaten there since they opened in early July. Both times the service was extremely slow. The first,time I attributed it to the recent opening and the large crowd that was there. This time there was no excuse. Restaurant was a little over half full on a Sunday evening. We came in and not one of the three waitresses/ hostess greeted us. We stood there waiting and finally someone else walked up and said follow me, took us to a table, set our menus down and walks off. It took a few minutes for the waiter to get our drink order. Food took a long time to come out even thou we did not order anything that is not standard fare in a Mexican restaurant. Chips and salsa were refilled when we were almost done eating. Drink refills were slow to come. Took close to,15 minutes to get our bill once we asked for it. The food was good but not sure it is good enough to offset the service.

• Visited August 2013
Biloxi, Mississippi
“El Omeca is the place for me”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

A friend invited me to this restaurant about 2 years ago and it was fantastic...best bean dip i've ever had...i asked other friends to join me there...they always love it and want to go back...we have been there quite a few times even though it's about a 20 - 30 minute drive...The last time was with friends and family of all ages from all around the country and they all enjoyed it. Great service, beautiful decor and the food is excellent. Wish I had a photo...there is a view of the mountain range from the back patio and there are palm trees...

• Visited June 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“Greasy,Tasteless Poor Quality Mexican”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

My wife and I have been to this restaurant twice--once for lunch and again, over the objections of my wife, for dinner. There will be no third tasting. Our food was ill prepared. The chile relleno was barely recognizable as such, it literally floated in a sea of grease, the contents of the chile were an unresolved mystery. They seem to be very fond of gross ground poor quality hamburger meat. Their burrito was tasteless. I expect that the Taco Bell down the road does tacos equally as well at a lower menu price. On the whole, I would say that your dining dollar is better spent elsewhere.

• Visited November 2012