“Great Service!!!!!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Athens, Alabama
“Great Service!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The two ladies that served us were great. They pampered us for a couple of hours one rainy afternoon. They were personable, professional, and a joy to interact with. The food was very good, but what will bring us back is the service.

• Visited July 2013

Huntsville, Alabama
“A nice "free" meal is always rated Excellent!”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

First let me tell you how we ended up here… We were offered a free dinner for two by participating in a retirement financial presentation. Since I am retiring soon I did really have some intrest in the presentation and a free meal to boot guaranteed our participation. So here goes, the Tavern at Bridge Street, and is housed in what appears to be a “jinxed” location as many other restaurants have been as well, Ketchup I believe is the last one before them… anyway the location has a very nice out door bar and separate covered sitting area where you can watch people walking up and down the mall (open air). Inside it sports nice furnishings and although it seemed rather small it provides a nice ambiance. For our meal we had the prime rib and salmon. Both selections were accompanied by a salad. Not because it was for free, but both plates were really very good. The prime rib (which I am not a fan of) was cooked to order (medium rare) tasty and well seasoned. The salmon was very good as well and not over/under cooked. Portions were on the large size but not huge. All in all it was a pleasant evening both on the retirement front and the epicurean front as well. One thing that struck me as funny the main dinning area appeared rather empty during the dinner service, I hope this is not a continuous situation as it may cause them to join the likes of Ketchup… Enjoy

• Visited May 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“$8.95 Workday Lunch Specials”
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

If you don't want to pay full price for their fare, come at lunchtime Monday thru Friday. They have an $8.95 lunch menu.

I expect the Cheeseburger is $8.95 on weekends, also.

My wife and I split one of these big cheeseburgers at lunch on a Thursday. It came with more fries than we could eat. I ordered a soft drink, and my wife drank water. Our total bill for this filling lunch for two was only $12.32.

The cheeseburger was very good to excellent. Fries were very good.

Lunch here was faster than at Red Robin, and similarly priced. We'll probably do this again soon.

• Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Love the Birmingham one...this one not impressed”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I was in town for work and I saw this restaurant was open and being Wednesday was a wine down wednesday. I love this restaurant in Birmingham on 280. Food is always good and gets packed on Wine Downs so I figured there would be some people at the bar to grab some drinks and joke around. I walked in at 7 pm and it was dead. Maybe 4 people at the bar, and a dozen in the restaurant. I ordered dinner the the prime rib was ok. Kind of tasteless...cooked fine though. The fries were WAYYY over salted. The bar area itself was pretty small with the restaurant being much larger. I might go there with a group of friends to get cheap bottles of wine but I don't think this place will be in business to much longer. The staff was friendly enough and made sure I was doing ok. I don't think I'll be going back but I might give it another shot.

• Visited March 2013
Madison, Georgia
“A Great Alternative to Connors”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The Tavern is rapidly becoming our favorite Huntsville restaurant. Not as busy/packed as nearby Connors' Steakhouse, the Tavern offers an equally impressive menu and wine and beer list. Our favorite night is Wednesday to partake in half price wine bottles. The food is great, and the service first class. Plus the prices are probably a little less than the competition. Our favorite is their home made potato chips w/ blue cheese crumbles and their prime rib is equally flavorful. I recently hosted a work dinner their in their private dining room and no one left disappointed. Can't say enough about how much I love their food and service - and no waiting!

• Visited February 2013