“Better Than Home”

Dining options: Reservations
texas
“Better Than Home”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This Macaroni Grill is actually better than the one in our hometown. The food and service were both very good.Prices are reasonable. Also, it was very close to our hotel.

• Visited June 2013

Madison, Alabama, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I guess this is the closest you can get in US for italian food”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The food is ok, not excellent but if you want ok pasta or fish, it is fine to eat there. The olive oil is excellent, the rolls are excellent, service and atmosphere is good too. Maybe because I am European I am a pretty hard on their food. But for sure overpriced. And I can recommend their wine collection.

• Visited April 2013
Tuscaloosa, AL
“"We don't have your reservation for Mother's Day"”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My siblings and I planned a meal out for our mother, who requested this restaurant. I made a phone call 10 days ahead of time to make the reservation for 13 people. When they asked, "Are you celebrating a special occasion?" I told them "Mother's Day". They took my name and phone number. The next day, I called to change the time, but everything else was the same. I confirmed again the number of people and the date, with the new time. Three days before, I again called to re-confirm the date, time, and number of people. I spoke with three different individuals for each phone call. On this third call, before hanging up,, the man said, "We'll have everything set up for you next Saturday at 12:30" and re-stated my name.
Guess what: when we arrived at the restaurant, which was the day before Mother's Day, we were told "We don't have your reservation" AND: "We don't make reservations for fewer than 20 people" (although there was a sign on their door that said "Make your Mother's Day reservations now" and I would suspect that at least some gatherings for Mother's Day would be less than 20 people, and neither of the three individuals with whom I spoke on the phone indicated that was their policy). Although at the time we arrived, this restaurant did not have many customers, we waited for 35 minutes to get seated. Thirty-five minutes. Which is, of course, what I had tried to avoid, thus I had called three times to make reservations and confirm reservations. Since the restaurant was not busy when we arrived, we all had seating in the waiting area while we awaited the preparation (?) of our table (?). I had a clear view of the area in which we were eventually seated, and there was no "preparation" underway except to place the silverware and napkins., which took less than 90 seconds. Needless to say, I was not at all pleased with this sloppy failure.

• Visited May 2013
Madison, Alabama
“Surprisingly awesome!”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I typically do not eat at chain restaurants unless traveling. Usually only when we have tried the local fare and want something familiar. This restaurant was so unexpectedly great. The chicken scalipini is perfect. Our service was great. The manager came and spoke to our table to check and make sure we were all enjoying are experience and gave us coupons for are next visit. Definetly will go again.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Just Alright”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Nothing about my visit really stood out, the service was alright, the meal was alright. Nothing was great, but then again, nothing was terrible either. For the price, I would expect the food and service to be better, but all-in-all I didn't have a bad time.

• Visited April 2012