“very scenic with a good trail”

Monte Sano State Park
Ranked #3 of 76 things to do in Huntsville
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was hoping for better signage from the interstate but had GPS to guide me to the park entrance. I really liked the picnic area and the benches that face the valley. I saw the leaves starting to change colors and I think in the future might rent their cabin for a weekend ,maybe summer time.I was also surprised to see they had disc course.

1  Thank Fla33913

Reviewed 20 October 2013

C and I had taken an overnight roadtrip on Saturday and before returning home to the 'Ham on Sunday we decided to stop in Star Market and order one of the delish Terry's Pizzas. We drove up the winding roads to the state park and found ourselves a delightful spot to have a pizza picnic!! The park was very well kept, clean, lots of events going on. We really enjoyed our time spent on the mountain and plan to return soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This park, located within the city of Huntsville, was my favorite camping stop on our fall trip. The park has a lot of WPA buildings and probably the trails, also. It reminded me a lot of Starved Rock State Park in Illinois, another favorite place. Good hiking, nice sites, clean facilities. We will definitely visit the park and Huntsville again.

1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This is a GREAT place to run, walk, or hike within the city! I highly recommend this park for any of these activities and I have seen many mountain biking here too.

1  Thank Vernon H
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Being a Huntsvillian, this is my family's go-to spot when we need to get away from the city for a while. We have picnics up here and plan to go camping when the weather gets cooler and the bugs stop biting so much. The trails are good for hikers of all experience levels. Some are very challenging and others are just for a casual walk. On weekdays there is usually no one in the booth, so you can get in for free or a 'donation;. Lots of space up there and plenty of picnic tables and grills for your use. We love Monte Sano Park and will keep going for years to come!