“YUM!”

Papa Gyro's
Ranked #32 of 620 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The food here is EXCELLENT. The restaurant itself is small and not that comfortable so it's usually better to get take-out, but I went there all the time for the taste and quality of the food.

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

The most authentic gyros in America that I have found. Very close to what we used to get in Europe. Not a fancy place but the food makes up for it.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Wow. I was a bit hesitant to eat a lamb gyro because I do not like lamb. At the request of my son, I did! I am so glad I did. The lamb gyro was out of this world. Simply amazing. They are not stingy with the meat. Eat there, you will not regret it.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I went here on a recommendation from a friend that lives in Huntsville. Got takeout and was really impressed with the speed, freshness and deliciousness! Will definitely go back when I'm in Huntsville again.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is an excellent find by the Mrs. (my better half!) Hands down some of the best Greek Food around. I have never been disappointed by this place. Freshly prepared and flavorful. Prices are reasonable. They have expanded so it does not have the joint type feeling as much as it used to but don't be fooled by the walk up counter, place your order and wait. There is something for everyone. Vegetarian and the meat eaters. This is a "I am not sure what I want to eat tonight. But I do know that I do not want a sub, burgers, or a pizza. I don't need service; I just want to eat good food type of place."

I will comment on the desserts as I purchased all three the last time I visited. Nutroli was the best as it was the most preferred. I should have been buying this instead of the Baklava. That is what I get for being safe and sticking with the known! Baklava, as expected; was good. I have been getting this for while now. Don't get me wrong; it is good Baklava, just the Nutroli was better. Kataifi was good but ranked third. (Unscientific poll by two 45+ people and two young men (20)).

Good place, good food. Not a chain.