“Gyros ”

Ranked #36 of 608 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Greek
“Gyros ”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Honestly I've only had one thing here...the big papa gyro. It's great and a meal all by itself. It's always packed at lunch so go early.

1 Thank Knmarsh

“So good”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

When you want a great gyro, this is the place to go! Love it! We've been going here for years. Tried many items - I would stay away from the "American" items on the menu - and you'll be happier - the Greek/Mediterranean food is obviously what they excel in. Yum!

Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great Gyro and Baklava”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I visit Papa Gyro's every time I visit Huntsville and it never disappoints. A definite must see for a quick lunch!

• Visited May 2014
“Not bad, could be better”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Looking for something different I gave Papa Gyros a try. I had the Big Papa Gyro and a Greek salad. Having lived in Greece for 4 years, I can tell you there is no comparison to real Greek. That being said, the food was good but fell a little short of great and authentic. I was very disappointed with the salad, which was closer to a Cesar salad than a true Greek salad. I was expecting a more traditional rendition as opposed to a clearly Americanized facsimile of the true Horiatki salata. Anyway, not bad but not really Greek. As for the Gyro, it was rather subdued and just didn't have that great Mediterranean flare. The Tatziki sauce was week and just didn't quite make the grade. Overall the meal was just okay. I expected a little more based on some of the other reviews. Price wise, I think it was a little on the high side at about $16 for the Gyro and salad.

1 Thank FedTraveler32
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Gyro”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The staff and service at Papa Gyro's are fine, and it's a clean, serviceable restaurant for dining in. Since moving to Huntsville from Detroit, I've really missed authentic Greek food, delis with 'real' corned beef and pastrami sandwiches, and coney island diners. Papa Gyro's makes a gyro sandwich that is almost as good as one in Detroit's popular Greek Town. My only complaint is that, like other local Greek food here, the salad/sandwich dressing isn't yogurt-based, so rather than the lovely sour taste to which I'm accustomed, salads here come with an oily pink dressing, and sandwiches are dressed with sour cream. I only tried the gyro for the first time today, so I can't address other menu items. Overall, an enjoyable dining experience.

• Visited April 2014