“New, new, new”

Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Acworth
“New, new, new”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Don't stay here as it is so new that it squeaks! Nice room, desirable walk to restaurant area. Don't stay here as I might not get a room when in town. Friendly and courteous staff made me feel welcome.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
We always enjoy hearing from our guests and would like to thank you for
posting such a pleasant review. We will try our best to have a room for you whenever you call.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ripon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this particular hotel, and I went back because I liked it so much the first time. The first time I went I had no complaints at all, the hotel was immaculate and the staff were amazingly helpful. The hotel is in a great location with a good selection of places to eat and bars within walking distance..which is not common in the U.S.

I must however mention the fact that this visit was marred by he fact that when I turned up at the hotel at 11:30 pm (after travelling for 22 hours) I came to find that the hotel had been over booked and my room that I had booked 2-months previously had already been given away!

When I showed my justified annoyance at the situation, I was told that this was common practice with the hotel and that they "will do their best to find me a room in another hotel". ( which turned out to be full booked as well) After an hour of telephone calls and whispering between staff members...they finally managed to find me a room in that hotel but I would have to move during the week.. I was not happy with the situation, but relieved that I would not be homeless for the night and made my way towards the room. On my way I spoke to 3 guests in the lobby that told me that they had experienced the same situation and that they had to all share a room with one of them sleeping on the floor and one on the sofa! But as it was so late, and they were only passing through for one night, they had agreed!

It's a shame, because I like the hotel...but if I can't guarantee a booking...I won't be going back.

Room Tip: Book one in another hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Craig P
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I was disappointed to learn of your experience at our hotel, and regret that we did not provide a level of service that anticipated and responded to your needs. I apologize for the issues that you reported, and hope to have a future opportunity to regain your confidence and goodwill.
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This place has a great location, just 15 minuted from the Space and Rocket center and 10 from downtown, but what made it really great was the little "neighborhood" across the street!! There is a big green space that hosts live music and movies on the weekend as well as little pubs and restaurants (like Grill29) all with in walking distance! Moe's was a great little smoke- free spot with live music and cork dartboards!! The hotel itself is all you would expect from a Marriott property- clean, friendly and beautiful!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for saying our hotel the SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park was clean, friendly and beautiful. Your review is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.
Delta, Ohio
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was our first time in Huntsville and even though it was for a funeral, the staff was truly amazing. The front desk staff was so helpful, so pleasant, and so cooperative. My husband was having a hard time with the loss of his uncle and the gentleman at the desk was so patient with us that he even got him to smile a little. Breakfast lady was also wonderful; she made sure and had bacon ready for us even after the breakfast hours were done. I will surely stay here again.

Room Tip: One of the desk clerks recommended we go to Grille29
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Our condolences on your loss and we are glad to have been able to make you stay here with us at the SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park a comfortable one. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.
Valley, AL
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Enjoyed our stay here. Will go back. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Rooms and hotel areas very clean. Safe location with everything you need in walking distance. Breakfast was good and breakfast area was kept clean. Checkout was easy. Had to pay two ways, business and personal. No problem with breaking it up.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
We are glad your visit here at the SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park was good and we would like to thank you for your review and for your business. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived in the evening, check in was very quick. The staff is very pleasant, the room was very clean and quiet. The bed was very comfortable. They also have great breakfast in the mornings. Great weekend getaway!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
We are happy you had a great weekend getaway here at the SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park. Thank you for such a nice review. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Brandon, Mississippi
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Although it's a little off the main area, it is in such a great area. Besides having a huge, clean, beautiful suite there are restaurants and shops within walking distance. There is a car show the first Wednesday, a band Thursdays and movies in the square right outside the hotel. The free breakfast had more to choose from than any we have had before-from fresh fruit, croissants, cooked oatmeal, eggs and much more. The staff is friendly, professional and helpful. We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed July 2014
We are happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay here at the SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park. Thank you for such a nice review and we hope to be seeing you again soon.