“Hidden gem in Huntsville”

Mango's Caribbean Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 601 Restaurants in Huntsville
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Jacksonville, Alabama
“Hidden gem in Huntsville”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

2 in our party had the buffet and plantains and 1 had mango wings. Delicious! The sauce on the wings was very tasty. The items on the buffet were tasty as well. Excellent service -Very knowledgeable and excited about the food.

falkville, al
“I could not have been more pleased!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was my first visit, and it was amazing! I ordered off the menu, the Mango Chicken. It was absolutely delicious! The service was excellent and the atmosphere is very relaxing and laid back. I'm bringing all my friends there as soon as possible! Thanks for a wonderful lunch!

Madison, Alabama
“I WILL BE BACK”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have visited this place many times before. Yesterday was my birthday and I was taken there by some friends of mine we had a wonderful time. Service was great, food was great. I had oxtail,chicken stew and curry goat,cabbage,mac & cheese. Then was presented with a surprise mango cheesecake on the house. Chef came out and greeted us. My friend that visited for the first time, said she is going back on Friday with her family. Love, love, love this place.

Cullman, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's okay at best”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Seeing as this was highly rated on Trip Advisor, my friends and I were looking forward to the meal at lunch. We arrived and were greeted by friendly staff and a somewhat average and small but cozy restaurant.

We opted for the buffet to try a variety of their food. Perhaps this was our mistake. The rice and beans were acceptable. The yellow rice was no better or worse than anywhere else. The Jamaican Jerk chicken was good and spicy, and the other chicken dish was okay. However, the chicken is apparently boiled whole; at least this is the only thing I can think of to make the dish so bony. There were bones everywhere. Every bite had tiny and medium bits of bone in it in both chicken dishes. I never got a single bit without a crunch and a spit. The taste was just fine, but the bones were ridiculous. The last straw was biting into a spiked chicken rib larger than a toothpick.

If you like bones in your meal, you'll love this place.

1 Thank JoeZ5595CG
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Count Me Out!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

If this is "legitimate Caribbean", then count me out! We went for the lunch buffet and were thoroughly underwhelmed. The jerk chicken was full of small bones and seemed to have been stewed rather than grilled. The stewed chicken was also full of bones. Very unappetizing. I also had rice and beans and some sort of cabbage, both of which were very bland. At $11+ with drink and tax, I expected better.

1 Thank Robert G