Review Highlights
Cute Picnic Location

My girlfriend and I had a picnic here for my birthday and it was awesome. We came on a night that... read more

Reviewed 3 September 2018
Darion F
via mobile
Walk in the park

This large and lovely park is the heart of downtown Huntsville. The spring area is shady and cool... read more

Reviewed 8 August 2018
Judy M
Calhoun, Georgia, United States
via mobile

All reviews feed the ducks downtown huntsville bring quarters painted rocks duck pond duck food lovely oasis bring bread red bridge colored lights tinsel town free concerts nice walk embassy suites buy food to feed great downtown museum of art
Reviewed 9 November 2017

This is a wonderful park for walking and, now, biking. It's adjacent to the Huntsville Art Museum and the city's premier concert venue, the Von Braun Center. The large pond in the center of the park features several species of ducks and fish as well as large fountains. Recent renovations have rebuilt the pond, landscaping and walkways. It should be on every visitor's list of sights to see in Huntsville.

1  Thank 238renateb
Reviewed 27 October 2017

My brother (seniors) and I spent a couple of hours walking this beautiful FLAT water park located in the middle of Huntsville. The water works are fed by Big Spring, an artesian (I think) well located at the bottom of a nearby bluff, feeding the winding stream and lakes. The lake looks deep and is full of large carp and gold fish. Different species of water foul (ducks) are in residence too. After walking the park, we climbed the steps leading up the bluff and enjoyed he vista from high above the spring and park. There are every imaginable eateries and coffee shops nearby.

1  Thank D C C
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I frequently travel to Huntsville and every time I go, I find something new. This time, I discovered this fabulous park walking distance from downtown. Walk the sidewalk from the spring over to the small lake. At night, the building by the spring is lit up with multi-colored lights. Cool place!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Big Spring Park was the home place of John Hunt. He built a cabin near the spring that now feeds the lake. Bring bread pieces to feed ducks , geese, and fish. Bring lawn chairs and maybe a quilt for a picnic.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

The nicest, best run city park I have ever been to. Hats off to the city of Huntsville for a class act! Really great events held here and extreemly well run and maintained.