“Pleased first time visitors”
Review of Below the Radar

Below the Radar
Reserve with OpenTable
Below the Radar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 611 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Huntsville, Alabama
“Pleased first time visitors”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

A neighbor recommended Below the Radar for fish & chips and what he told us was true. The meal was delicious. The couple with us were pleased with their meal, as well. We're glad the server suggested my wife and I split our order because it was plenty for the two of us. They have a gazillion beers to offer so we ordered a couple of Flights; good decision. The server, Jordan B., did a great job. It's pretty loud in the restaurant, but that's the way things often are in this type of restaurant. We will return.

• Visited August 2014

Madison, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I were looking for a place that we have not patronized, and we decided on Below the Radar. My favorite local place in my hometown (Greenville,SC) is Barley's Taproom, so I was excited to see a comprehensive beer list when we were seated at BTR. The beers were fantastic and the friendly staff and food were almost as great as the atmosphere. Outstanding experience all the way around!

Hernando, Mississippi
“Friendly Downtown Pub”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Restaurant chains are a safe bet because you know the menu, but if you're looking to go outside the box try Below the Radar, a pub suggested by several of the locals for good food and home brewed beer. The food was delicious, the wait staff a delight, and the selection of beers an adventure. They'll give you a sample if you don't want to chance it. There's also flights of beer for those who can't make up their minds or know what they want and they want all four.

Visited June 2014
Suwanee, Georgia
“Great casual place”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stopped in for dinner during a recent business trip. Was expecting basic sports bar offerings. Great variety of craft beer offered. Recommend sampler offerings. I had the grouper special and it was delicious. Would probably give this a 4.5 rating if I could. The service was exceptional. I believe our waiter's name was George. Not the best I've ever had but definitely a top five for me in Huntsville.

• Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The food was very good - didn't try the beer but my party said the beer was good! The atmosphere was pretty "bar-ish" but the food was well worth the 1 hour wait!

• Visited July 2014