“A GOOD hotel for business travellers” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Home2 Suites by Hilton Huntsville / Research Park Area

Home2 Suites by Hilton Huntsville / Research Park Area
Ranked #4 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Cocoa, United States
“A GOOD hotel for business travellers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Very nice due to age of the property. There are a few desk staff issues that need to be address, but overall the business traveller should be very happy here. The fitness center is excellent. The rooms also same. The guest laundry is very freindly also. The availability of free to guest induction cook tops was a nice touch. Breakfast lacked for a few of the days during my stay - seemed the staff was playing catch up in an attempt to open by 0615 - however advertised time was 0600. This seemed to impact a few of the business travellers who expected an early start. Overall, a positive experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

1 Thank Troy O
ChrissyWadsworth, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Huntsville / Research Park Area, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for the comments. I have read your review to our team so we can work on these areas. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Pros:

- New construction (May 2013)
- Clean throughout
- Connected to a Hampton Inn
- Free parking
- Across the road from Bridge Street Towne Center (shopping & restaurants)
- Less than 5 miles from Oakwood University
- Less than 1 mile from Research Park
- Free internet
- Laundry facilities ($0.50)
- A+ Fitness center (several treadmills, climbers, bicycles, space for plyo, free weights, towels)
- Free breakfast (continental with warm & cold cereal, fruit, breakfast sandwiches, juices)
- Walking trail
- Meeting facilities
- Free daily USA Today & green apples
- Indoor/outdoor seating for eating, talking, etc.
- Wall thermostat
- 40' Flat screen TV with lots of channels
- 100% Non-smoking
- 5 miles from Madison Mission SDA Church
- Plenty of electrical outlets
- Glass-door showers

Cons:

- Comparably pricey

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you! Thank you! Thank You! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and got to experience the Home 2. We hope to see you again soon!
Huntsville, AL, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

It's a great concept. and we were impressed with the room and its amenities. However, we found the front desk repeatedly unstaffed, with a sign up telling us to go next door to the Hampton if we needed assistance. There were no linens for the sofa bed. When the front desk person showed up with them, they were the wrong size. Crackers in the store were stale.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

I apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. I want to assure you that we have shared your comments with our team so we are able to fix this and prevent this from happening on future visits. We are a new hotel and are still going through "growing pains" and I appreciate the time you have given us to address these issues.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We spent one night here this month and had the best hotel sleep of our lives. Very comfortable beds and pillows, and lots of bright colors.

Breakfast was above continental with choice of items that could be warmed in the microwave. Tasty and convenient.

We did notice some noise from the room above us but thankfully they quieted down at 11pm.

Especially loved the black out window blinds, its too bad they're not blacked out at the very top as the bright morning sunlight was very noticeable.

There was no restaurant or bar onsite, but you do have your own kitchenette to make up for it.

Overall we had a great stay.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the nice comments. Glad you loved the Home 2 sheets, they are the best. We hope to see you again soon!
Madison, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

We're two empty nesters with two dogs relocating to Madison from VA. We've been staying at the Residence Inn on University whenever we've been in town to find our new home. We decided to try Home2 Suites for our most recent stay.

While we really did not have any substantial issues or complaints, neither were we "wowed" by anything. We did experience s number of nits, none of them worth raising to management's attention, but which collectively result in our average rating for this property.

The hotel was always clean, felt safe, and the staff were uniformly friendly and helpful.

Some of the nits:
> Breakfast: Many of the breakfast items are out of a can or other package. That's OK, except that the gravy for the biscuits and gravy was tepid one morning because it wasn't heated before being placed on the serving line.
> Doggie Area: It's quite a hike from the building and, one morning, the sprinkler system was running. Also, the shrubby is planted quite densely and once it begins to grow will make crossing over to the doggie area very challenging in the future.
> Room Cleaning: Hotel2 Suites has a set cleaning schedule that saves them some money, and we did not have any issues with that. However, we're late risers, and with the two dogs, it does take us a while to get out the door. It seemed to us that house keeping started and ended quite early and often passed us by since we were still in the room.
> Location: Except for Bridge Street, the location qualifies for being out in the boonies. Dinner options are all "over there" and much closer to other properties.

On the plus side: The bed was one of the best we've ever slept on in any establishment over the years and on several continents.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for all the feedback, I will share your comments with our team so we can brainstorm on how we might be able to fix some of these issues. Thanks for trying us out!
Orange County, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed here for a week in June 2013. The hotel is quite new and is located adjacent to the Hampton Inn property. The price for the hotel was really great in comparison to other properties in the area. The hotel caters towards business travelers and provides free internet service. The rooms are spacious and have adequate work space. You can print documents directly from your room to a common computer. The staff was quite accommodating, providing me with suggestions for various activities. The hotel provides travelers with a free breakfast each morning. While some may not consider the breakfast a gourmet meal, it was perfect for me. Fruit, yogurt, toast, oatmeal/cereal. There were waffles, and each morning there was a microwavable egg meals. Each room was equipped with a kitchenette, so this way I didn't have to go out and buy my meals every day. The kitchenette doesn't have a cooking area (e.g., burner), just a microwave, so you just need to be a bit creative on how you make lunches and dinners. The property is close by the new Bridge Towne Center, which was great because I was able to quickly head over there and purchase a book from Barnes and Noble and then pick up some treats for the trip home.

My only negative comments are about the bed and room. The pillows on the bed were too fluffy and don't mat when you lay your head on the pillow! Also, at night much of the light from the hall filters into the room. There is a curtain you can use to separate the sleeping area from the work space, which may block off some of the light.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ChrissyWadsworth, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Huntsville / Research Park Area, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments and suggestions. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. I also wanted to let you know that we have burners free of charge that you can check out through the desk and 2 gas grills out by our pool area. We hope to see you soon so you can enjoy these additional amenties. Hope to see you soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel is brand new and very nice. The rooms and the property could not be in better shape since it is only a couple of months old. The fitness center was quite spacious and the machines were also new and nice. There are still some kinks they need to work out, however, mainly surrounding service.

For example, when I arrived at the hotel, there was no one at the front desk for check-in. I waited for about 10 minutes before someone finally showed up. Other [cleaning] employees were walking around during this time, but never acknowledged me or hinted that they might try to go find someone to help me. Eventually an employee came, but he did not apologize for the wait (and he did not welcome me as a Diamond member). When I got to my room, I realized that I had not received my bottle of water and snack to which I'm entitled as a Diamond member. When I went back downstairs, again there was no one at the front desk. I waited about 3-5 minutes until the same man showed up. Again, no apology. I told him that I didn't receive my bottle of water and snack, and he said he would have to check into that. He pulled up the computer, which I assume was to make sure I wasn't lying. I realize they can't just hand out free drinks to anyone who wants them, but it made me feel like he was questioning my integrity. It was his own fault for not doing this when he checked me in the first time, so don't make someone wait because of a mistake that you made. And when you do make a mistake, apologize.. I'm not sure "sorry" was in this man's vocabulary.

One other thing - the bathroom has built-in shampoo and body wash dispensers on the shower wall. This is a nice feature until you realize halfway through your shower that the body wash dispenser is empty. You may want to bring your own toiletries to avoid these problems as it can be slightly frustrating. (I saw another reviewer suggest to bring conditioner since they don't have that.)

The morning employees were lovely and I enjoyed the breakfast. It's certainly a different kind of breakfast, but I thought it was a nice change of scenery from your typical Hilton property breakfasts.

This hotel is a great property and definitely a good value. I would still stay here again as the less-than-stellar service didn't cause any real problems for me. I'm sure their service can and will improve up to the Hilton standard.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ChrissyWadsworth, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Huntsville / Research Park Area, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us so I am able to address them to prevent them from happening in the future. I want to assure you that wehave been working with each department and shared your concerns with our team. I apologize that this happened during your stay. We hope to see you again soon.