Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Hotel was very clean, looked new, yet the walls were thin. On my third day, someone checked in across hall and it was very noisey. Walls are thin..... I felt right at home due to the southern hospitalilty. All of the staff was friendly and helpful, especially the kichen staff. I recommend this hotel to anyone that appreciates cleanliness and friendliness.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Brenda D
Cynthia D, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

We are so glad that you stayed with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay. I am also delighted to hear that our associates made you feel welcome. I will pass on your compliments to them as well as our breakfast hostess. We look forwward to seeing you again while visiting the Huntsville area.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was our first time staying here and we will definitely be staying again as well as recommending your hotel to everyone we know coming to Huntsville. Can't say enough of the friendliness of all the staff...from the cleaning people to maintenance, to desk clerk....Room was a A+ as well. Beds were the best we have ever encountered in a hotel...We actually looked forward to going to bed at night. We happened to be staying on a night that a 300+ football team was also staying...We were worried about it being quite, but there was not one single issue with this...One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. We will be returning in a couple of weeks for the holidays and have recommended all our family to stay here.

Room Tip: You may want to request a room overlooking the small pond....the front view doesn't have much to...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful compliments. I will be delighted to pass them on to our associates. We will looking forward to your upcoming holiday visits too!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

My wife and I were just staying one night to catch an early flight out the next morning. The hotel is quite new and rooms are all quite large and very clean. There is a work desk in the room along with a couch and king bed in our room. They serve a morning breakfast as part of the room charge, although we left before it was ready. There is free parking and I had internet in the room at no charge (this may have been thru my affinity ranking).

I only had two issues with the hotel. One was my GPS sent me to the Westin Hotel which is in a large shopping center basically accoss a major street from the Hampton, Call an get directions and don't rely on GPS at this tiime. My second complaint was the bed. The king bed was fine, but the sheets were terrible. I don't know if they were just worn, or cheap, or something else. They felt like they were a thin flannel and my legs clearly didn't slide across them easily. Also the covering was one thin sheet and a duvet with bedspread all sewn together as one piece. Between the duvet cover, down, and the top cover (bed spread), the comgination was way too heavy and warm to sleep in. I ended up sleeping under just a sheet and being a bit cool all night.

Would I stay here again? While the hotel is only 7 miles from the airport, I might try to stay somewhere else. I paid $107 on a senior rate.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your compliments. We always strive to exceed our guests expectations. I do apologize for having any difficulties in locating our property. Our WiFi is always complimentary along with our breakfast. We would love to have you as our guest again while visiting the Huntsville area.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is a very nice new hotel that's very close to the really nice Bridge Street Town Center mall. The service was great. Our room was very nice and clean with a pretty view of the pond. It was very close to other attractions too - like NASA's. We definitely plan to stay here again on return trips. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room with a view of the pond.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Cynthia D, Operations Manger at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We always strive to exceed our guest expectations. Thank you for the compliments for our associates too. I love passing compliments from our guests on to them. It always gives them a smile. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

New facility. Lots of amenities. Well managed. Friendly staff. Very clean. Great complimentary breakfast. Very nice fitness center. Big flatscreen TVs in the rooms. Near shopping and restaurants. Easy access to Redstone Arsenal, NASA, Space Camp/Museum, downtown, University, Research Park. Highly recommended for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Cynthia D, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for your compliments. I will pass them on to our associates. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Had to book a night here unexpectedly when I showed up to my rental house in Huntsville and none of the utilities were on. After checking Trip Advisor, I decided to come here. Checking in without a reservation was a breeze. I was put on the 4th floor. The room and bathroom were immaculately clean. I slept like a baby that night because the room was quiet and dark. In the morning, breakfast was hot and fresh and the breakfast area had a couple very friendly people working. Checking out was a little strange - the girl at the desk couldn't find me in the computer, but the GM got it squared away after just a couple minutes. All in all the location is great, the people are friendly and most importantly everything is very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

I enjoyed your TripAdvisor comments. I am delighted that you chose our property after reading about us on TripAdvisor too. I am sorry that you were "forced" into your stay with us due to your home not being quite ready. However, I am more than happy that we exceeded your expectations. I would also like to say that you were a most welcome "unexpected guest". We would love for your to visit again.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I arrived at this facility and was greeted as Hilton honors member right away. The room was so luxurious for the price and the staff were extremely courteous and helpful. The room was excellent. The art on the walls were very tasteful and gave an astute ambiance. I know this is a new hotel, but it certainly didn't break the bank.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reuben W

We are so glad that we exceeded your expectations. It is always a pleasure to hear that our associates were friendly and helpful. Thank you for being a Hilton Honors Member. We appreciate that you are a loyal guest. We look forward to your next stay.