Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
“AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Staying here with family. Family made the reservation so I wasn't sure what to expect. This place is amazing. Absolutely amazing front desk staff and the rooms are wonderful!! If I'm ever in Huntsville again this exactly where I'm staying!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Cynthia D, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad that we turned out to be a nice surprise. We love to exceed guests expectations. We look forward to you staying with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel is really nice and quiet. Fairly busy during the week because of the business class and conference rooms being ultilzed. A good location for dining, shopping and movie theater. All are located within just a mile. Only problem I had, I didn't have my room serviced 2 days out of the 6 days I stayed there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Nathan J
Thank you for writing a Trip Advisor response. I would like to apologize for your room not being serviced during some of your stay. We always strive to exceed our guests expectations. I will pass on your review to our Housekeeping Department. We also appreciate any feed back that our guest give to us so we can work on improving our property. We look forward to you staying again.
Boston area
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Glowing reports from other recent travelers so our experience must have been just bad luck.
First off, GPS address leads you to an industrial strip along Governor's west. Call hotel and am told "yea, it's a new hotel so the GPS doesn't have it". Even the bubble on this website does not pinpoint the location correctly. Took two phone calls to get me there. The staff needs to have a script that says exactly which way to go if you are at the location up the road- a management issue. Checked in to room 210. Huge. Go to window and open the fabric blinds (odd that they are pulled during daylight), and see that the entire view is a concrete wall about 4 feet from the window. It's the backside of the hotel's front facade. Perfect room for people checking in for an overnight AT NIGHT, not during daylight. And we are there for FOUR nights. Request room change and am told, "Well we have a king on first floor". Since I'm a mom traveling with 21 year old son, that doesn't work. "Well, we have a king plus a sofa bed available". Son is 6'5" and I booked this room 5 weeks ago. Am told to check in daily to see what becomes available. Remind them I'm a hilton honors member and finally get a room change. 2 nights later, parking lot is empty of cars so why would they have told me to check in each day?
Breakfast is truly sub-standard. Very interesting having come from Knoxville Hampton Inn the night before, which was stellar. This hotel has run out of skim milk for cereal. The breakfast staff is nowhere to be found. Two tables need to be wiped down. Elevators have cute signs that say, "Daily special: clean bed. Duvet covers & sheets are laundered fresh. Every guest. Every room. Every day." So this 21 year old son spills his hot chocolate the first morning on his white duvet cover. Was it changed EVER during our stay? No. In fact, we slept late one morning and had the do not disturb sign up. At 11:45am we exited and I took the sign off and greeted the housekeeper who was at work on a neighboring room (she, of no smile). Returned to the hotel two hours later. Room not done so I asked at the front desk if it would be made up or had we missed it by being there too long in the morning. Was told, "Oh no, housekeeping is still here." She never asked which room and I didn't say since I was being assured it would be done. Came back at midnight and it was NOT done. Next morning a manager kindly volunteered to take the room charge off- I thought that was wonderful. It's just the little things that so matter. This is a very new hotel. A shame when management is not sweating the details. Kept an eye on a thread in our hallway on the second day and it remained there the rest of the time. Printer in business center needed help to print boarding pass. Sat by the pool to read one afternoon- could the chaise chairs be any more uncomfortable? Surely that's not a managers issue but just added to my negative stay. I would not stay here nor recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 210 unless planning to arrive after dark for a single overnight due to concrete...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ref'sfriend
Thank you for your Trip Advisor response. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while in the Huntsville area. I am glad to hear that you were able to use our fitness room during your stay. Thank you for the compliments to our associates. I will be delighted to pass them on to them.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days during our sons wedding festivities and we could not have been more pleased with everything! Leslie and staff were so easy to work with from the very first call for blocking rooms to helping place welcome baskets in guest rooms. Breakfast was wonderful and the common area is large. We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your compliments. On behalf of all of our associates -Congratulations! I will pass on your wonderful compliments to everyone. We look forward to seeing you again.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The Hampton Inn is a consistently high delivering chain of hotels. This one just exceeded all expectation. Particularly since the cost was only $146 per night, with all taxes and fees. It was a suite, but the best part of it was that the room was very large, with the couch on one side, and a desk that divided the room in half that ran nearly the width of the room. Since I had work to do (free wifi too!), it was really convenient and allowed me to spread out. The bed was one of the best I've slept in, and the bathroom was sparkling clean with Neutrogena products. I would absolutely stay here the next time I had business in the Cummings Research Park or NASA area. It isn't in downtown Huntsville. Great breakfast and well appointed breakfast room, where there were lots of people.

Also, I had reserved 5 rooms, and forgot to cancel one of them. It was no problem for front desk staff, and they didn't charge me, and as luck would have it, the people right behind me wanted that room, since they had no reservation and the hotel was otherwise full.

Located very conveniently by the interstate. There is a new retail/restaurant area right across the street, though it was all national chain sites. Did allow us to eat dinner there very conveniently, however.

Only downside mentioned by my group was that it wasn't very quiet. I could easily hear the man next door snoring (though I think it was very loud) and doors opening. So ear plugs would be advised (which I used to no avail - how could he really sleep through all that??!).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
What a delight to hear that your stay with us was exceptional. Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor response. We appreciate all of our guests feed back. We look forward to your next stay.
Charleston, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Although there is no relatively close dinning in the area, the accomodations, staff support and professionalism, and the down home type comfort make the drive to dinner well worth not having dinner at the hotel. When you vist this city, I highly recommend you consider this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I would like to thank you for your Trip Advisor response. It is a good feeling to hear that your stay was like home away from home. We always try to exceed our guests expectaions. Come and see us again when in the Huntsville area.
fairhope, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Great place to stay. Close to the Interstate and close to great shopping and all the Space Center attractions. hotel had great rooms; clean and new. AC was not loud, and the bathrooms were very clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the Trip Advisor response. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again while in the Hutnsville area.