Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Hebron, Kentucky
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Everything about our stay was great! The rooms were very clean, staff was friendly, and the coffee tasted great. We were only here for a night to break up a long trip but I could spend a few nights here for sure. Would definitely recommend to others.

Stayed April 2014
Cynthia D, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that your stay was "Perfect". I will pass on your compliments to our associates too. We look forward to your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here prior to going to the US Space Center for Family Camp. I won't stay at a place that is unclean - and this hotel was definitely clean. The sheets were high quality and soft, the mattress was comfortable and the pillows were fluffy, the bathroom was spotless.

As someone who has gluten and dairy allergies, I was surprised I could eat the continental breakfast. They had scrambled eggs and sausage, oatmeal, a section to make your own waffles, pastries, muffins, instant grits, boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee, bananas, some fruit salad that looked like grapefruit and condiments such as syrup, butter, jelly, honey and peanut butter. I was able to eat the boiled eggs and make a dish of bananas with honey and peanut butter.

The hotel is about 5 minutes from the US Space Center and it is across from some shopping outlets. It is also about an 8 minute drive to other shopping and eating areas.

For a no-frills hotel, this was perfect. I highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
How delightful your Trip Advisor review is. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am also glad to hear that our new breakfast choices were to your liking. I will also give your compliments to all of our associates. We look forward to your next visit.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

The breakfast is not up to Hampton Inn standards. They didn't clean our room at all. When I called about the room not being clean, I had to call twice before someone answered the phone. This hotel is the least impressive Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in and is definitely not as good as the reviews suggest.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rockymtnhikers
I have read your Trip Advisor review and I am terribly sorry that we did not give you our best "Hamptonality". Our goal of course is to always exceed guests expectations. Clearly we did dissapoint you. Again, I apologize for your experience.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Staying here with family. Family made the reservation so I wasn't sure what to expect. This place is amazing. Absolutely amazing front desk staff and the rooms are wonderful!! If I'm ever in Huntsville again this exactly where I'm staying!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad that we turned out to be a nice surprise. We love to exceed guests expectations. We look forward to you staying with us again.
Indianapolis, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel is really nice and quiet. Fairly busy during the week because of the business class and conference rooms being ultilzed. A good location for dining, shopping and movie theater. All are located within just a mile. Only problem I had, I didn't have my room serviced 2 days out of the 6 days I stayed there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Nathan J
Thank you for writing a Trip Advisor response. I would like to apologize for your room not being serviced during some of your stay. We always strive to exceed our guests expectations. I will pass on your review to our Housekeeping Department. We also appreciate any feed back that our guest give to us so we can work on improving our property. We look forward to you staying again.
Boston area
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Glowing reports from other recent travelers so our experience must have been just bad luck.
First off, GPS address leads you to an industrial strip along Governor's west. Call hotel and am told "yea, it's a new hotel so the GPS doesn't have it". Even the bubble on this website does not pinpoint the location correctly. Took two phone calls to get me there. The staff needs to have a script that says exactly which way to go if you are at the location up the road- a management issue. Checked in to room 210. Huge. Go to window and open the fabric blinds (odd that they are pulled during daylight), and see that the entire view is a concrete wall about 4 feet from the window. It's the backside of the hotel's front facade. Perfect room for people checking in for an overnight AT NIGHT, not during daylight. And we are there for FOUR nights. Request room change and am told, "Well we have a king on first floor". Since I'm a mom traveling with 21 year old son, that doesn't work. "Well, we have a king plus a sofa bed available". Son is 6'5" and I booked this room 5 weeks ago. Am told to check in daily to see what becomes available. Remind them I'm a hilton honors member and finally get a room change. 2 nights later, parking lot is empty of cars so why would they have told me to check in each day?
Breakfast is truly sub-standard. Very interesting having come from Knoxville Hampton Inn the night before, which was stellar. This hotel has run out of skim milk for cereal. The breakfast staff is nowhere to be found. Two tables need to be wiped down. Elevators have cute signs that say, "Daily special: clean bed. Duvet covers & sheets are laundered fresh. Every guest. Every room. Every day." So this 21 year old son spills his hot chocolate the first morning on his white duvet cover. Was it changed EVER during our stay? No. In fact, we slept late one morning and had the do not disturb sign up. At 11:45am we exited and I took the sign off and greeted the housekeeper who was at work on a neighboring room (she, of no smile). Returned to the hotel two hours later. Room not done so I asked at the front desk if it would be made up or had we missed it by being there too long in the morning. Was told, "Oh no, housekeeping is still here." She never asked which room and I didn't say since I was being assured it would be done. Came back at midnight and it was NOT done. Next morning a manager kindly volunteered to take the room charge off- I thought that was wonderful. It's just the little things that so matter. This is a very new hotel. A shame when management is not sweating the details. Kept an eye on a thread in our hallway on the second day and it remained there the rest of the time. Printer in business center needed help to print boarding pass. Sat by the pool to read one afternoon- could the chaise chairs be any more uncomfortable? Surely that's not a managers issue but just added to my negative stay. I would not stay here nor recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 210 unless planning to arrive after dark for a single overnight due to concrete...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ref'sfriend
Thank you for your Trip Advisor response. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while in the Huntsville area. I am glad to hear that you were able to use our fitness room during your stay. Thank you for the compliments to our associates. I will be delighted to pass them on to them.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days during our sons wedding festivities and we could not have been more pleased with everything! Leslie and staff were so easy to work with from the very first call for blocking rooms to helping place welcome baskets in guest rooms. Breakfast was wonderful and the common area is large. We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your compliments. On behalf of all of our associates -Congratulations! I will pass on your wonderful compliments to everyone. We look forward to seeing you again.