Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Chelsea, Alabama
“Nice Hampton”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Ok so those who follow me know i only stay at Hampton Inn. I love the waffles in the morning. This was a good place to stay 1 full week there and no complaints. Great tv and cable. Wifi worked well. Only glitch was the shower head would not pulse i think it was gummed up with calcium. Other than that the place was nice and the staff was great.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Len C
Cynthia D, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for being a loyal Hampton guest. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay while in the Huntsville area. Thank you for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Overall it was great but I was placed in someone else's room then a dirty well not attended to room then finally my room but the staff was very apologetic and friendly so I was not upset about carrying my bags all over the long hallways up and down floors:-). It goes to show that a customer friendly staff can offset mistakes.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank 4HIM-Iwill
Cynthia D, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I would like to apologize for your first impression with us to be less than fantastic. We strive to exceed our guests expectations. I am glad to hear that our associates were helpful in making your stay better. We look forward to your next stay with us while visiting the Huntsville area.
Huntsville, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel is right in the center of a newly developed and nice area of Huntsville, AL. It's not often that the hotel looks better than the online pictures. The online view of the hotel really does not do it justice. The staff was very helpful and the continental breakfast was good and 24 hour coffee was awesome! If you're looking for a place to relax and feel like home away from home, this is definitely the place for you. You will also enjoy the beautiful lake view from your suite and walking alongside the lake. You will also love the shopping center which is right down the street from the hotel. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Monique W
Your review is wonderful. I am delighted that we were "better' than your expectations. It is always great to "wow" our guests. We look forward to seeing you again while in the Huntsville area.
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Two hotels in one building. The left half is a Hampton Inn and the right half is a Home 2 by Hilton, never seen this done before.

I had a very pleasant stay at the Hampton, the staff is great and this place is spotless. The only thing I didn't like was the noise from the hallway. Every time somebody shut their door you could hear the slam and I swear the people upstairs must have had a dance party. For my next visit I think I will request a top floor (4) room.

The hotel has many nice amenities and is very close to a very nice shipping and dining area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Whammie787
Thank you for such a detailed review of our property. We are the first Hampton Inn & Suites and Home2 Suites dual build property. I am glad that we exceeded your expecations. We look forward to your next visit.
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The building is set off by itself and has an out in the country feel to it. The building and grounds are very clean, and our room had a nice view of the lake. Even the stairwells were carpeted and wallpapered making for enjoyable walks up and down the stairs.I especially enjoyed the walking trail that goes around the two buildings and by the lake. This property is unique because it is connected to another Hilton brand Home 2 Suites. It has a very well equipped fitness room that is shared by the two motels. The breakfast bar was great, too.

This motel has an overall good "vibe" to it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit while in the Huntsville area.
Reviewed 25 April 2014

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We stayed at this hotel last week for 4 days and prepaid for the hotel almost a month in advance. We showed up and were informed we would be charged an authorization fee of $79.90 (which happened to be the exact rate of the room per night). After confirming that the fee seemed high we left and went about our vacation with family. After we got back to the hotel we checked out account to see that we had not been charged $79.90 but instead just $30, which was fine because it would be just authorized then returned to the account. I checked again later to find we had then been charged $196 for an authorization. I went to the front desk and spoke with the clerk who informed me it was going to charge my card everyday for the room because I had prepaid and blah blah blah. I was just upset seeing how I was on vacation and they were just taking money out of my checking account at will! Needless to say after over 7 days and after many phone calls and complaints, that money is still missing from our account and I was told it was my fault because, "I should have known better then to use a debt card."

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Samm W
Cynthia D, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
I would like to apologize again for your experience with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Research Park. I did phone your bank with your permission via our phone conversation to ask that the authorization be released. However, your bank would not allow any authorizations to be released. I have also ordered a Be My Guest Certificate to offer our sincere apologies. I would like to say that I have addressed this issue with all associates involved. We are truly sorry that this was your experience. We always try to exceed our guests expectations and we did not meet that expectation for you. For this we are sorry.
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This Hampton hotel is very typical of the newer Hampton facilities. It appears to be a new location and the room furnishings appeard to be new. The room arrangement was very good and made good use of available space. The bathroom was very clean and well laid out. All of the bathroom and kitchen area fixtures worked with no issues. The hotel is not located directly on Governers West Drive, but on a short side street off of Governers West. If you are not careful and paying attention, a GPS will take you past the hotel location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Richard F
Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review. Your compliments were very nice. I will pass them on to our housekeeping department. Thank you for being a loyal Hampton Inn patron. We look forward to your next visit.