“Very nice, new, clean hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area
Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Bartlett, United States
“Very nice, new, clean hotel”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel. It appears very new, with contemporary decor. Everything was clean and comfortable. Our kids enjoyed swimming in the outdoor pool. The breakfast was good. I enjoyed the coffee, as well. The staff was polite and helpful. The location was good -- only a few minutes from the Space and Rocket Center. My only suggestion to improve your hotel experience would be to pack a small fan or white noise machine. The people in the room above us seemed to be running laps in their room/hallway when I was trying to fall asleep.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Cynthia D, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
It was so nice to hear about your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites. I am so glad that your family enjoyed our amenities. Down to our coffee. I will be delighted to share your compliments with our associates.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This location was 5 minutes from the US Space Center & Huntsville Botanical Garden. It was easy to locate and near a shopping plaza and restaurants. The room was very clean, staff was friendly and helpful and my son didn't complain about the internet or the complimentary breakfast. You can never go wrong with Hampton. They are always my 1st choice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your great review of our property. We are always thrilled to hear that we have exceeded our guest expectations. I will be delighted to share your compliments with our associates. We look forward to seeing you again while visiting the Huntsville area.
Alabama
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booked two hotel rooms for two nights through hotels.com and used the pay later or pay upon check-in option. I did give hotels.com my debit card number to obtain confirmation numbers for each room. When we arrived to check in my father offered to take care of the bill for both rooms and presented the clerk with a credit card, ID and his AARP card which she said would give him a 10 percent discount on each room. The following day we discovered that my father's credit card had been charged roughly $450 dollars, but Hampton Inn and Suites (not hotels.com) and also done a pre-authorization on my debit card which took $450 from our debit card account. I never presented this hotel my debit card, gave them or signed anything authorizing them to make any charges to my debit card that was given to hotels.com In fact, hotels.com did exactly what they said and never charged my debit card for one thing. On top of all this when they put the bills under our room doors before check out my dad had not been awarded his AARP discount for either of the two rooms we had booked. We spoke to several individuals at the hotel who said they could do nothing about the money they fraudulently took from debit card account except for put in to cancel the transaction. It is Tuesday (we checked out Sunday) and we are still waiting for our refund. $450 may not be a lot of money to the Hiltons, but it is to my family. Prior to this trip to Huntsville we have always stayed at the Embassy Suites, but it was full unfortunately. We will never return to this hotel and advise people to carefully check their bills and credit and debit cards for fraudulent charges or the hotel' failure to honor a AAA or AARP discount that is advertised. I guess it is true in life, you get what you pay for and while the Embassy Suites costs more the hotel has never charged us "twice" or failed to honor any advertised discounts.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and the people above us were either EXTREMELY loud or the ceilings and wa...
2 Thank Lewiskimruss
I would like to apologize for your experience at our property. We always try to exceed our guest expectations. Clearly we were unable to do that for your stay. For this I am truly sorry. I will also be sure to include this information with further retraining of our associates.
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a good location to the new mall (bridge street) and is only a 5 min drive to Madison. The staff are very polite and friendly. The pool area is great and the breakfast was good too. There is also free parking and free wifi included in the stay. My favourite thing about this hotel though was the beds and bedding, I've never stayed in a hotel with such soft bedding! Definitely would recommend to anyone.

Stayed July 2014
Cynthia D, Operations Mangager at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your wonderful compliments. I love sharing what our guest say with our associates. I would like to share with you our little secret for our bedding-since we are a dual brand hotel we share the Home2 sheets. They are phenominal! We love them too. You may also purchase a set for your home at Hilton2home.com. We look forward to seeing you again.
wahiawa, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

From arrival to departure, there were no issues, cleaning staff did an excellent job in keeping my room clean. I like having to choose a pillow that fits my comfort style. Internet service was okay, I am use to high speed; but the was adequate for my work. Location is also excellent, near Bridge Street Mall for shopping and eating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. I will be happy to share your comments with our associates. I would like to share with you that we also now have upgraded faster internet service available to our guests for a minimal fee. Hopefully this will assist you on your next stay. We look forward to seeing you again while visiting the Hunstville area.
New Orleans, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This location was great! It was very close to stores, restaurants and the Space Center. It was about 20 minutes off of I-65. The room was clean, friendly staff and complimentary breakfast. We would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your compliments. I will be delighted to share them with our associates. It is always our pleasure to know that we have given our guest the "Hampton" experience. We look forward to seeing you again.
Glen Carbon, Illinois
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed for one night at this hotel on our way back from vacation. It was a pleasant experience overall. Great location (especially if you want to visit the NASA Space Center in Huntsville) and also located next to very nice new outdoor shopping center (The Bridge). Hotel was new so everything was fresh and clean. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was great. Overall, we'd recommend this as a good place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. We are delighted that you chose to stay with us while in the Huntsville area. We look forward to seeing you again.