“Pretty good hotel”

Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Pretty good hotel”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This Best Western appears to be relatively new and is fairly nice. The rooms are pretty standard for Best Western. I didn't find any reason to complain about mine. It's nice that it has a big flat screen television and the windows open all the way, which I like. Also, the hotel is in a great location because it's near the space center and there is a remarkable commercial district around it. There are all kinds of restaurants, shops and other businesses within walking distance.

What's the bottom line? Unless you're really unlucky, this won't be the best hotel you ever stay at. Unless you're very lucky, it also won't be the worst. It's a nice, affordable option close to a lot of things in Huntsville.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank dofmars
bwrocketcity, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Thank you so much for all of your feedback! We strive to take all of your comments to heart and use them to improve. As we are under new management, we hope you will allow us to show you all of our improvements the next time you are in town. Again we thank you for your feedback and patronage!

Slash Patel and the Rocket City Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rocklin
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I came at midnight and was taken to my room and the first room had a huge stain on the blanket. Asked for another room and that one had stains too! I was so exhausted I had no choice but to sleep there. I had nightmares throughout thinking bugs were crawling on me. I was not offered a discount. I checked out and rolled my bag across the way to the place across the street and it was awesome in comparison.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lj W
bwrocketcity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Traveling Guest,

Although we do strive to exceed guest expectations in every aspect of our services to you, we were unable to do that and would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Every feedback is important to us and it helps us to improve on our service level for important guests such as yourself. Once again, I do apologize in hopes that we will see you again and provide a better experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 10 April 2012 via mobile

I was very skeptical of staying at a Best Western. I was in town on business and needed a hotel close to Marshall Space Flight Center. Most of the ones that I have stayed at were not clean. This hotel was nice. The staff was friendly. The hotel is very close to some amazing restaurants and shopping. Rosie's Mexican Cantina being right in front was a huge plus. The shopping in the area is great...especially Bridge Street. My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was a moment when another hotel guest became loud and unruly outside my door in the hallway and the girl at the front desk took care of the problem as soon as I called her. Very helpful!

I will stay here again when I'm in the area.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Jlellis1
bwrocketcity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
To Business Traveler,

Providing superior customer service is our main goal but not the only one. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you again. I agree, Bridge Street is awesome since it has everything from shopping to dining to entertainment in one stop. We hope to see you soon.

Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My family and I went out to visit UAH and was concerned about Best Westerns. This place was 100% great! Great beds, Huge flat screens, huge breakfast selection. Many pillows, candy on bed. It felt like a 4 star! I will stay here again. I got this place through hotwire and was concerned about it even being a 3 star. It turned out to be better than most Hyatt's, Holiday inns, Doubletrees, and Courtyards I have stayed at.

Room Tip: Great German Restaurants in the area.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Davis B
bwrocketcity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
To Traveling Guest,

It was a pleasure to accommodate you and your family needs at our facility. We do have a few German restaurants and I agree with you that they are great. I still have yet to pick one as my favorite. The walking distance to many others right out the door is very convenient especially for when guests are not too familiar with the area. We hope to see you again soon on your future visits to Huntsville and the UAH campus.

Stacy, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We stayed two nights in January. The second floor room was too warm when we arrived but the AC made it comfortable. Room was clean, probably the best best western we have stayed at. Location had several restaurants nearby. Also close enough to Space Center, which was excellent. The Bridge street mall was nearby and very nice, if you like upscale shops to browse.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank charger1970rt
bwrocketcity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Valued Guest,

Being in close proximity to many things is always a convenience when traveling to different places. We do appriciate your feedback as it helps us to improve and serve every guest in our hotel as a family member. I do agree, the Bridgestreet mall is upper scale but it's like a one stop shop for everything from shopping to eating to entertainment. We hope to see you again soon when you're back in town.

Rocket City Staff
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I was in Huntsville for a business trip. The flat screen TV, fridge, microwave and breakfast were great!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Rhonda S
To Business Traveler

Thank you for choosing us as your "suite" choice for your lodging needs. Being able to relax in a spacious room is always a good thing especially when it feels like home. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Rocket City Staff
Cleveland
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The culprit here is Hotwire, the blind-bid hotel website that promised me a three-and-a-half star hotel in Huntsville, Alabama, proper, for prices not available on regular see-what-you're-getting hotel websites.

Hotwire failed on two counts:

First, I had a good idea about the genuine three-and-a-half star hotels in Huntsville (not Greater Huntsville). They include Marriott and Embassy Suites ... but a Best Western?

This one is technically in Huntsville, but really teetering on the northwest border. It's a solid suburban roadside hotel, but nothing more, even though it has that new appellation of "Best Western PLUS," as opposed to simply "Best Western." It even has flat-screen TVs, albeit no hi-def channels to make use of it.

I guess there seems to be some school of thought that if the rooms have a few three-and-a-half star hotel niceties, it must indeed be a three-and-a-half star hotel. Nope.

Three-and-a-half star hotels have bell hops; this did not.

Three-and-a-half star hotels have flexible room-cleaning times; I received a note under my door at around 10:30 a.m. that the room attendant was sorry, but there was a "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door, so I'd have to call for fresh towels and try to make do with sheets falling off my bed and overflowing trash.

Three-and-a-half star hotels have full restaurants, even limited room service. This one has the free breakfast room -- open until 9 a.m. (but allowing guests a half-hour grace period).

Three-and-a-half star hotels often offer late check-out at around 2 p.m. The late check-out here is noon. As I contemplated my evening plane departure, I shuddered to think what regular check-out would be.

Mind you, I seem to coming off as a Grinch. After all, the hotel staff was efficient and of perfect cheer as they tried to make the hotel the best it can be, especially the room attendant and the woman hosting the full hot breakfasts of pre-made omlettes, bacon or sausages, cereals, pastries, bagels, fresh-made waffles, etc.

I was upgraded to the hotel's two-room jacuzzi suite, which, despite a worn out couch with cigarette holes and a small (but mostly non-functioning) kitchen, was extremely roomy and comfortable. (From what I could see, the regular rooms were roomy and comfortable as well.)

I only wish that Hotwire was more upfront -- which brings me to my second major complaint:

When I realized what hotel I actually booked, I found it listed on an alternate, regular hotel website for about $5 less a night. It specified the exact location it would be (far away from my needs, actually, even though it's nicely surrounded by shopping and restaurants).

Most importantly, it accurately described the establishment as a solid two-and-a-half star hotel.

On those terms and prices, the Best Western Plus Rocket City is a wonderful "find."

Room Tip: If the jacuzzi suite isn't available, the king rooms with a separate sitting area (with fold-out...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank howieeg
bwrocketcity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
To valued guest,

I would like to apologize for the confusion that has been caused to you. We are in the process of refreshing some things to update the hotel. I agree that although we may not seem like a three and half star hotel, we do strive to provide the superior customer care that each guest deserves. Being located near all the fine dining and shopping is a good exchange from being in downtown which is only 15 minutes away too. Feedback from guests like you is always appreciated as it reminds us where we need improvement and where we are doing our job right. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Kru Patel and the Rocket City Staff!