“Good Choice!”

Ranked #4 of 601 Restaurants in Huntsville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
“Good Choice!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Had lunch at "Big Rosie's" as the locals call it (based on size of restaurant)! Party of 4 and each of us had different items and each and every one was good! We started out with cheese dip and salsa - excellent and chips homemade! I had ultimate nachos with beef and unlike most places each chip was "dressed" with toppings rather than a plate full of chips with toppings ... Sour cream and pico and guacamole set aside! Other dishes included combo with beef taco, chicken enchilada, chicken quesadilla, and finally shrimp tacos which were awesome ... The shrimp were prepared like "bang bang shrimp"! Two of us had there signature frozen The Mambo Taxi which was a frozen margarita with sangria swirled in ... Unique and good!!

No room for dessert! Would definitely go again!

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Fort Rucker, Alabama
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I'd really give it 3 and a half but this rating scheme goes from average (3) to very good (4). I'm being a little picky, and probably not totally fair, but I can't seem to distance my objectivity of comparing it against some of the really good Mexican restaurants I frequented in New Mexico. I eat here occasionally when I visit Huntsville, probably average two or three times a year. The food has always been good, as has been the service. The atmosphere is nice. The prices are pretty much in line with what you'd expect to pay in a dine-in Mexican restaurant. The decoration is typical "south of the border", but I had some trouble trying to figure out the stuffed Rhino head nexus. When I asked my waiter, he said he'd never noticed it before. I'd recommend Rosie's, it's worth the visit.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Robert O
Huntsville, Alabama
“Mucho Gusto!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Rosies is a weekly lunch experience for me and my co workers, I am always amazed at how fast they get the food out to you. They cater to the work crowd who have to get back to the office. The lunch menu is diverse, well priced and just enough food to fill you up without being stuffed. I highly recommend the Steak Fajitas and the Chicken Quasdillas.

Cartersville, Georgia
“Good Experience”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Short wait.

Attentive service.

Good food. Not the absolute best, but good.

Very good desserts.

Good atmosphere.

We'd certainly go back.

Jupiter, Florida
“Big portions, great service, so-so quality”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

First, the service I received was excellent, from the greeter to the waiter and the servers, everyone was prompt, courteous helpful and friendly.

Chips and salsa - both were fresh, nice tomato-ey salsa, above average.

I had a large XX beer. Really Large, good.

I only ordered one entree - the Chili Relleno. Maybe that's where I went wrong.

When it arrived, I was almost startled at the size. It was easily the largest pablano chile asked the waiter, "Are you guys nuclear irradiating your vegetables now?" which he didn't understand.

It was late, I was hungry, had drank half my beer, so I dug in.

The crust of this monster started to explain the size. It appeared to be a corn/flower/egg wet dip, not uncommon, but it had cooked up around the pepper as a cornbread-looking shell. It wasn't bad, but it was not quite done enough... more mushy that crusty - and added a layer of bulk to the beast of a Capsicum annuum. I actually had doubts about the pepper, but the taste was there, definitely a Plentiful Poblano.

I started at the tip, the narrow part and opened it. After I tasted and pretty much ignored the crust, the cheese and meat stuffing was pretty good. A bit greasy, but spicy as you'd expect. As I worked my way up toward the stem of the pepper, the toughness of such a large pepper showed and I just couldn't eat it. About half the huge, tough pepper was wasted - it was inedible.

I should have spoken up... but everyone was so nice, it was late and I was tired. I drank my beer, ate some more chips and salsa, left a nice tip for such an inexpensive meal and went back to my hotel.