“Very Popular Mexican Place For Locals”

Rosie's Mexican Cantina
Ranked #5 of 632 Restaurants in Huntsville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

From moment it opened years ago locals have loved it. Decor is eclectic. Decor is mostly repurposed bldg materials throughout which is very interesting and appealing. Food is very good and consistant. We just don't enjoy as much as Phil Sandavol across road in their original location. At Rosie's everything on menu is good. Fried Ice Cream is awesome.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. The food is always hot and fresh, the service is always great, and the prices are competitive.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Nothing special, chips aren't very good (Phil Sandavols is better) Salsa is Ok. I've been several times, not bad, nothing special, but the locals love it. I'd prefer Chuy's, but you have to drive to Nashville or Birmingham.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This Restaurant was recommended by our hotel staff. We were tired and wanted to stay close. The Mexican food was bountiful and they serve chips and salsa when you arrive. I, however had a steak that was done to perfection and seasoned with a spicy topping. It came with a side of beans, mexican rice and a good size salad. I asked for no cheese on the salad to cut some of the calories. It was mostly lettuce and tomato but I was not disappointed. The highlight of the meal was the tres leche cake. It was moist and sweet and one serving could have fed four people. I took that home and enjoyed it many hours later.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have been to Rosie's a number of times and always enjoy its relaxed casual atmosphere and delicious food. Every meal is a wonderful experience. While mainly a mexican-american restaurant, the food is not too spicy and there are many flavorful choices available. I have been here for business lunches and family gatherings. I highly recommend this restaurant. My daughter loves the white cheese tortilla dip!